Steve
Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ years experience as a professional technician; ASE L1 Master Technician
157173

1999 toyota camry: is bank 1 sensor 1 located..emissions

Customer Question

where is bank 1 sensor 1 located on a 1999 toyota camry california emissions moldel
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

Hello!

Does your Camry have the 2.2 4 cylinder or the 3.0 V-6 engine? Both were used in that model year.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have a 2.2 4 cylinder, i need to replace the A/F sensor and i was wondering where the location of the bank 1 sensor 1 is located,
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

The bank 1/ sensor 1 oxygen sensor (Toyota calls oxygen sensors a/f sensors) is the one closest to the engine.

If you open the hood and look straight down at the space between the engine and the radiator, you will see the oxygen sensor you are looking for protruding forward from the exhaust manifold. The electrical connector for it is located up by the end of the valve cover on the drivers side of the engine.

Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.
Hello!
I have noticed that you have not yet accepted the answer I provided for your question.
If there is some way I can be of further assistance, please let me know.
If not, then please click the accept button to close the question; JA does not pay us for the time we invest in helping you unless you click the accept button.
Thanks!
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.
Hello!
I have noticed that you have not responded and the question you asked is still open; even though i supplied teh exact information you requested.
If you still require further assistance with this question, please let me know.
If not, then please click the accept button to close the question.
Thanks!