Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

how do I change the alternator belt on 97 corolla

No Comment Added
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 8 years ago.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.

Something has been acting up with the chat service today. Here is the info that you need the alternator belt is shown with the timing belt removal below.

There is a 14 mm pivot bolt that needs to be loosened and a 12 mm pinch bolt that needs to be loosened. Then turn the adjusting bolt counter clockwise to allow the alternator to pivot down. Click on the link below to get some pictures and further directions.

P.S. I take great pride in providing quality responses for the people I assist. If you believe that I have been professional and helpful in my assistance please don't forget to give a positive rating for this exchange and click the accept button. If your feel my answer does not address your issues, please just tell me and I will opt out, allowing another technician to address your situation. My Goal is to make this experience one you appreciate.