Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

Can[t remove 100 amp main engine fuse

My friend put on jumper cables incorrectly. Can't remove 100 amp fuse.
Everything is down except for headlights. I used brute force to remove fuse in fragments. How Can I get access to the screw or nut retainingg the fuse?

If i must how casn i pigtail this connection temporarily to move the car ascross the street.
I have no idea how to obtain access to the retaining screw. When somone told me there was a retaining screw I thought he was a quack.

I need careful guidance. I will pay for additional advice. You are communicating with an amateur.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.

The fuse box needs to be unbolted from the fender. Then remove the bottom cover by prying the little retaining plastic clips over the catches this will expose the wires and connectors on the under side. Next the sub box or holder that I was talking about is held up in the main box with little catches and plastic type hooks pry them over the hooks so that it will release the sub holder out of the main box. I believe it pushes down out of the main box not up but you should be able to what direction it is going to go. Pull the whole sub assembly out far enough to get access to the small bolts. Take the bolts out don't worry about the nuts they won't go anywhere. Pull what is left of the fuse out and push the new one in and tighten the bolts.

Attached is a picture that might help. I circled the latches or catches.

PS don't forget to leave feedback.

I sent this detailed info did you get it?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.