where is the starter located on a 1994 toyota pickup

No Comment Added
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What model is your Toyota?
-What type of engine is in your Toyota?
-Is it 4wd?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
it is a 1994 toyota, pickup is the model name, regular cab, 3 liter v6 engine, and it is 4wd

Your starter is located on the passenger side of the engine. Here are some instructions to replace the starter. There is a illustration. Let me know if you need further assistance.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2. Remove the nut and disconnect the battery cable from the magnetic switch on the starter motor.

3. Disconnect the remaining electrical connections at the starter.

4. Remove the nuts and/or bolts securing the starter to the bell housing, then pull the starter toward the front of the vehicle to remove.

To install:

1. Insert the starter into the bell housing being sure that the starter drive teeth are engaged with the flywheel teeth, not jammed against the flywheel.

2. Tighten the attaching hardware to 29 ft. lbs. (39 Nm) and replace all electrical connections.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 5: Exploded view of a common starter mounting found on Toyota trucks

1. Connect the positive battery cable (starter wire) to the starter.

2. Connect the negative battery cable.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX im looking for is a more detailed description of the the actual location of the starter on the engine.
The best way to see it will be from the underneath looking up. You will need to be on the passenger side of the engine. As you look up you will see the exhuast and the exhast manifold. The manifold will run back towards the transmission. Underneath the manifold at the transmission is where the starter is. Let me know if this is not good enough and I will opt out and we can see if any other experts can put it to you in another way.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
got it, thanks

Glad to hear, Thanks for using just!