Toyota man
Toyota man, 32 years Toyota exp
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician

Tire Pressure light on dash stays on..flashed

Tire Pressure light on dash stays on. Located tire pressure button and held it until it flashed 3X but light still stays on. All tires are fine. Am I doing something wrong.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota man replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Toyota?
-What model is your Toyota?
-How many miles are on your Toyota?
-Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Toyota man's Post: It's a 2006 Toyota Tundra. We have 18,000 miles on it.
Most common cause is the tire pressure of the spare tire.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Toyota man's Post: My husband checked the spare tire and it does not have a sensor but is a little low. The spare tire has never been mounted on the truck. There is no sensor under the spare. What do you suggest?
  • By operating the tire pressure warning reset switch, the tire pressure warning ECU can be set to issue a warning at an inflation pressure that corresponds to the type of tires.

Therefore, the dealer must set the warning threshold to the proper value in order to comply with the local regulations.

• Operate the tire pressure warning reset switch only after the inflation pressures of all 5 tires (including the spare) have been adjusted on the vehicle.
  • To initialize the system, press and hold the tire pressure warning reset switch for 3 seconds or longer with the ignition switch ON. After the system has been initialized, the warning light blinks 3 times (1 second ON, 1 second OFF).
  • During initialization, the tire pressure warning valve and transmitter measures the inflation pressure of the tires, and registers the signals that are transmitted into the tire pressure warning ECU at a frequency of one per minute. The initialization process is completed when the signals from the 5 tires have been received.
  • The initialization process is canceled if the ignition switch is turned OFF during initialization. To initialize again, the tire pressure warning reset switch must be pressed again. For this reason, once the tire pressure warning reset switch has been pressed, turning OFF the ignition switch is not recommended for a minimum of 20 minutes.

There is a sensor in the spare, pay attention to the 20 minutes

Toyota man, 32 years Toyota exp
Experience: Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician