Toyota man
Toyota man, 32 years Toyota exp
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
1625667

Sensors..spark plugs /wires changed , fuel filter changed

Customer Question

Have tried just about everything fuel sensors changed , spark plugs /wires changed , fuel filter changed . What else could it be causing this ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota man replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
Does the check engine light come on while the engine is running?
-How many miles are on your Toyota?
-What type of engine is in your Toyota?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Toyota man's Post: It is a Toyota Camry LE auto 4/cyl with 104,000 miles on it scheduled maint. every 2,000 miles done .
Spark plugs & wires replaced
3 Fuel relays replaced
NO Diagnostic codes registering
Has difficulty starting ( most of the time will start if you a while after initial try ) , gas peddle sticks , and car will stall out while driving ?

Will it stall when you come to a stop or while driving that you loose power and have to pull off the road?

Is the hard starting first thing in the morning?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Toyota man's Post: No it is hard starting most of the time and after the 3 relays were changed it was better for about a day and now having the same problem plus it will stall at a stop or a coast as well as hesitate while driving

There are two areas you could have a problem

• The EGR valve could be sticking causing it to stall. Easy to see, disconnect the vacuum hose to it and see if the stalling goes away (check engine light may come on during this test because it is disconnected)
  • The Idle speed control valve could be bad. Do you notice a slight increase in idle speed when the a/c is turned on (indicates valve is working) if not needs to be changed.