Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent dog veterinary questions
She ate a spoiled baby carrott this morning. came home from
she ate a spoiled baby carrott this morning . came home from work and did not want to eat, which is so not her. she is drinking but still has no desire for food. can a bad carrott make her sick.JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?Customer: lulu , about 9 years old. part chow part labJA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lulu?Customer: very over weight, been on a diet with a cup of dry food in am and pm. been doing good. lost about 12 lbsJA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
My 86 pound dog ate about a cup of organic fertilizer beads:
My 86 pound dog ate about a cup of organic fertilizer beads: bone meal, feather meal sulfate of potash and processed manure (Jobes Organic Vegetable & Tomato fertilizer) within the last hour.What should I do for her? She has been walking around and is now sitting down but has not been throwing up or does not seem otherwise affected yet.Thank you!Jessie
Missy, female, 11 yrs old has nasal discharge, coughing,
Missy, female, 11 yrs old has nasal discharge, coughing, wheezing, no fever, eats well, bowel movements are normal and makes a weird sound like gaging to clear throat. She has vomited 3 times within a month. I just took her off vegetable broth after doing some research that onions/other ingredients could cause hemolytic anemia effecting blood cells,not sure what that means. I know that it is difficult to diagnose without seeing my dog; just want to know is this is serious enough to take her to see a veterinarian?
My dog is being treated . He is on butorphanol (sp?)
My dog is being treated for IVDD. He is on butorphanol (sp?) prednisone, gabapentin. He started the treatment on 5/25. He took his last 1/2 dose of steroid yesterday per vet instructions. Also he is on bactryil (sp) for a uti started on 6/1. Tonight he is constipated, seems bloated, retaining water. My vet said to put a little vegetable oil in his food. I did that no poop yet. It has been about 6 hours. Just a bit ago I noticed some new bruises on his stomach to the right of his penis. Idk if I should take him to the ER vet or if it can wait till my vet opens tomorrow morning. He had this happen last weekend and took him to ER vet and he pooped a lot finally but he didn't have the bruising.
Small Animal Veterinarian
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
My 13 year old chow/lab mix recently was ill with
My 13 year old chow/lab mix recently was ill with anaplasmosis, but has been on doxycycline for 2 weeks, and seemed fine until today. Last night he got into my briefcase and ate a clif bar. last night and today was vomiting (not unusual when he eats something he shouldn't). The clif bar has chocolate, but not so much that I would normally be scared, as he weighs 70 lbs.However, this morning, he is unstable on his feet, can barely walk, and sometimes falls over when he tries to stand. He walks like he almost cant feel his legs, or they are just giving out on him. sometimes he will lean against a wall. He does not appear to be in any physical discomfort when I manipulate his joints. If I pinch his hind leg, he will ignore me at first but then retract it.
My dog has a BUN level of 38 on her latest Blood test.
Hi, my dog has a BUN level of 38 on her latest Blood test. Her Bun had been slowly increasing since Feb (Lvl 27), Mar (Lvl 32) and May (lvl 38). However her creat are normal (0.5 to 0.7). My dog has diabetic and she weight only 2.4kg.What should I do to stop her BUN from increasing.thank you
He has tar in his paw around the pads matted in, and I've beenView more dog veterinary questions
He has tar in his paw around the pads matted in, and I've been trying to cut it out, but there is still a bunch too close to the skin to get out...I;m wondering if i should use vegetable oil or coconut oil to try to get therest off? it's pretty tough... I don't know how long it's been there... he has been trying to chew it off...JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?Customer: a little... not alot ....he has been licking it alot, and i just noticed it. ... there is red in the area, but it's not gushingJA: What is the dog's name and age?Customer: Lincoln age 2.5 he is an english creme goldenJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lincoln?Customer: I don't think soJA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.