Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent Trust Deed questions
What do you think I should do...my husband and I are in the
What do you think I should do...my husband and I are in the middle of a refi and we just found out that when we bought our house in 2003, the title company never recorded our primary mortgage as a lien holder. The only lien we have is from our 2nd mortgage.
At divorce, my ex is to pay off my home. My name is only
At divorce, my ex is to pay off my home. My name is ***** ***** on the title deed Ex is the only one attached to mortgage. Ex has missed two (2) payments and having money problems. Can mortgage lender foreclose on my home if he defaults? I do not know what is securing the mortgage.additional info/ question: Ex has own home with only his name on title deed. I believe his home is paid off. I have a 2nd? trust deed on Ex's home which has a declining balance, as he pays off my home, balance goes down. This is to make sure he pays off my home. He cannot get out of paying off my home with bankruptcy or for any reason.Can Mortgage lender foreclose on my home? what can i do?
I have created a contract to buy 12+ acres of undeveloped
I have created a contract to buy 12+ acres of undeveloped land in TX from my mother in law. Once this Contract for Deed is executed, (she is self financing), what are the steps I need to follow with the state to make this legally binding and recorded properly with the state?Scott
Question I own a $490,000 recorded 2nd Trust Deed on an
QuestionI own a $490,000 recorded 2nd Trust Deed on an apartment building that was due and payable in full April, 2007. It was not paid. I just recently became aware of there being a recorded 1st Trust Deed on the same property. 1st Trust Deed holder is threatening foreclosure on apartment building. The owner of the apartment building has a buyer. An estimated closing statement was prepared and forwarded to me - Sale of building $895,000. Pay Off of 1st Trust Deed $700,000. Real Estate Commission $4425.00. Repair of Apartment Building $48,000. Closing Costs and Real Estate Taxes in arrers $48,000.00. Remainder to me $94,000.00 - this is what the owner wants to pay me (in full) to surrender the 2nd Trust Recorded Deed. Can the owner sell the property if I do not sign any papers? If the property is foreclosed upon by 1st Trust Deed holder, do I have any recourse in recovering any monies toward the 2nd Trust Deed I hold? Funny that the owner of the building is involved in real estate, as well as the 1st Trust Deed holder. He is a mortgage banker and 1st Trust Deed Holder is a real estate agent.
I am located in the state of wa. I have a person interested
I am located in the state of wa.I have a person interested in buying 5.88 acresof property that I have for sale.I would like to finance it my self but not sure of the process.I have read that one can go to a title company and they do paper workfor a nominal fee.Also is there a way to determine interest on a loan for raw land.
If you know about ARS 33-707 and a letter of release and reconveyance
If you know about ARS 33-707 and a letter of release and reconveyance and the wording that needs to be in the letter, i would like for you to please get in touch with me. I seem to be running into walls with attorney's either not knowing or not getting back to me. Thank You in advance, Lisa Giordani (###) ###-####
My property in Georgia is offered with Owner Financing.
My property in Georgia is offered for sale with Owner Financing. When the transfer is complete, the seller signs a warranty deed and the buyer signs a security deed with intent to pay the balance to the seller. Can I sale by Michigan Home under these same conditions.
The association of my rental property has sued me due
The association of my rental property has sued me for past due association dues and proceeded with foreclosure proceedings which they were granted as a result of my failure to pay my past due obligation. The association is now listed as the owner in Title. Over the course of the last two years and several tenant evictions over this course I was unable to pay the mortgage. The tenants were eventually evicted by the association and were forced out by the sheriffs. The property remained unattended and occupied by squatters for about 6-months. During this course of time I finally had the nerve and drive to find out what my legal stand was. In cooperation with the mortgage company and the insurance claim that was filed had given me hope that I would be able to rent the property in the previous habitable condition it had previously been. As a result the insurance claim was honored for Malicious Vandalism with about $40,000 in damages. The contractor hired by me and approved by the mortgage company have been working on the property on and off for the last 6-weeks. Last week the General Contractor was asked to leave the property or law enforcement would be called. The contractor identified that they were contracted by both myself the owner and the mortgage company. The association replied that I was not the owener and had no say on what could or would happen to the property. The mortgage company has reassured me that the property remains mine and in conjunction with the rehab work and the intention the rent the property again have offered and approved a loan modification which are suitable for both interested parties. My question is "Does the association have the right to have any control of the property at this time during the construction and rehabilitation of the home? They have been awarded a lien against the property is my understanding not ownership. Can I proceed with the rehab work weather or not the association and I have come to any justifiable terms for repayment. It is my intention to repay the association the past due amount to settle the lien over the course of time. How should address the matter and what position should I take at this time?
I want to purchase a note that is secured by a second trustView more real estate law questions
I want to purchase a note that is secured by a second trust deed on a parcel of real estate. There is also a third position on the parcel. I don't want my purchase of the note to compromise the second position that it now holds. Besides just purchasing the note from its current holder do I need to do anything else?