We have a member in our Home Owners Association who was
We have a member in our Home Owners Association who was several years past due with his association dues. We put a lien on his property. He did not pay his taxes and the property was sold at a tax sale. Does this wipe out our lien or does the new member have to pay off the liens? Pike County, PA
Thanks for responding. Some more background to help you
Thanks for responding David. Some more background to help you understand a little more. The seller is an investment company and bought the house from an auction sale for $33K, conducted over by the county sheriff on govt. orders confiscated from the dead man's family trust, since the original owner a dentist, had passed away 4 years ago and had at that time owed IRS $1.2M in debt and that showed up on the house in 3 different liens : 1) $500K 2) $300K & 3) $300K. Now the seller is trying to get the two liens non-attached / waived off by IRS and the third one at closing since i offered $660K for the house purchase. I am attaching the latest response from Seller and my response to that, but he's choosing to not respond. We're past the official closing date of 16th Sep and the seller is in breach of contract.I can wait for the house as long as required but realistically don't want the seller to know that. What chances are there for the IRS liens to be removed and by when?Need more clarity on my thought process in the worst case. If i want to sue the seller for damages in a superior court, based on the case history of what i've shared so far with you, can you give me a rough idea of what are the min. time and costs to expect? I need to understand what do i stand to gain in that case. Would i be able to force seller to sell the house and also pay substantial damages e.g., somewhere between $10-20K? What would be the typical attorney fees? I know these are all very specific questions. But since i've never experienced this situation before i want to understand some estimates even if they're very wild estimates. I know i could put a Lis Pendens while the court decides and goto a small claims court but that would only get me $4K in damages and no guarantee of getting the house still. Thanks
Need some specific advice on the following Background. Been
Need some specific advice on the following Background. Been working with Richard so far and got great advice, would be good to get a 2nd opinion as well.Background:Purchasing a 2nd home and found out from the seller that it has three IRS Tax liens on it, 8 days before closing of the purchase contract. Now seller saying that he's pursuing non-attachment with IRS through CPA/lawyer and would need the deadline to be extended with a "To be decided" closing date. I like the property and want to pursue purchasing it but need to make sure i'm pursuing with caution and all my rights protected. Closing date expired but seller not really not responding well. I can sue but need to understand what all can i realistically get and whether the house also or not?
I'm in the process of closing a commercial escrow deal but
I'm in the process of closing a commercial escrow deal but have not seen any docs regarding the business (tax clearance, liens, etc). Also, the verbal agreement for the fees has now changed and was not originally documented. What is my option?I was forced to release 75% of the deposit to the seller. Can I still cancel the transaction at this stage and not have penalties applied?
Counselor at Law
We are financing a solar electric project through the PACE
We are financing a solar electric project through the PACE program in Broward county Florida. Quicken Loans my mortgage company said I could face tax problems down the road. What are the tax problems and how can I avoid them.
Again. Following up from our conversation yesterday, by law,
Hi Richard again. Following up from our conversation yesterday, by law, is the seller obligated to disclose all liens at the time of purchase contract signing? And in my case they didn't, so i can ask for compensation related to that as well, right? If so, can you tell me how to word asking for that compensation? Thnx
I am selling my home in California and there were a few
I am selling my home in California and there were a few counter offers before acceptance of offer. I disclosed my tax lien and said that I was working with a tax attorney to resolve the issue. I need more time before closing escrow in 29 days to get the unsubstantiated state tax lien cleared. I understand that my realtor can ask the buyer for an extension. Can I cancel the transaction now? I think my real estate agent is not really working for me, but trying to bully and intimidate a little so that the sale happens like he wants. My agent has said that if escrow does not close on time, the buyer has the right to seek damages. Can I cancel the transaction before escrow closes and will I be financially liable because I cancel? My realtor has fast tracked this sale from the beginning. I have not submitted my info or signatures to escrow.
We sold our home on Real Estate contract, the purchaser has
we sold our home on Real Estate contract, the purchaser has tax liens since purchase, how does this affect us, 30 year note on his 3rd year of payments to us we still owe on propertyJA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: Roswell NMJA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: What type of paper work, we know liens have been filed at the court houseJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: do we have nay recourse,