Needs some information about legal options that are
Needs some information about legal options that are available for a breech of contract type situation.We have contracted with a dog breeder in pennsylvania (we reside in New York) for a puppy to be picked up Oct 11th. Have been in a contract since July when it was known the dog would be having a litter.The way the contract was set up to pick the owner had first choice, another buyer had second and we had third choice. If the buyer did not want a puppy we would therefore be second. I had asked the seller 3 days before we were to pick if she was planning on keeping a puppy so i knew if we would be second pick or third and she indicated (in writing) that "she was not keeping one from this litter". Therefore I assumed by contract that we would be second. Well low and behold we were still third. After I was honest with her (which was a stipulation in her contract - honesty) and indicated that I felt by her admission that we should have had second choice and that I had my heart set on one of the first two pups that had now beeen choosen by some other 2 people. She immediately became nasty in her emails and said that she wasn;t going to sell me a puppy now because "she felt I wouldn't love them" At no time had I said that and on many occasions had indicated that "if I was in a position I would take them all they were so cute and loveable". We had already picked a puppy but she is still insisting that she will not sell us one.Therefore I would like to know how I can compel her to do so as WE have not breeched any contract and how we can get an injunction to make sure she doesn't sell the puppy we picked to someone else. And what legal recourse we have if all this can not be done in a timely fashion in order to get one of her puppies. (she does have great puppies but apparently not great with people). Side note we purchased a puppy from her 3 years ago, who by her own emails to this day, describes that dogs care by us as loving and he being a lucky pup. please advise as soon as possible as this is very time sensitive
I'm having trouble getting payment from client. I need
I'm having trouble getting payment from client. I need advice on what actions I can take concerning the Intellectual Property of the content and what I can do to seek payments from an unresponsive client that owes money.Detailed explanationI'm a freelance animator in NC and was contracted by another animator who lives in Illinois to make 3D models for a product that a large company sells. Me and him have worked on projects before and he's very forgetful about payments, but this is the first time I've had troubles like this with him.The company that hired him is now using my 3D models on tv, their website, and other products to promote their brand. Meanwhile, it's been almost 5 months since I sent out my invoice for the project and after months of asking where the payment is and the animator who hired me tells me last month he already spent the money he was paid from the large company and he doesn't know when he can get me the money. So naturally I'm pretty ticked off about the situation and want a way to get my money as soon as possible, which means I want to light a fire under this guy's ass until he gives me what is owed.Can I contact the large company that is using my IP and say "hey, you can't use my IP unless I say so, because I haven't been paid. I can sue"? Can I take the animator to court for the unpaid total? It's roughly $5k.Thanks,Daniel
What state are you in? And have you consulted a local
Hi My Name is AnuJA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?Customer: we are a small accounting firm in Boulder COJA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?Customer: We do Bookkeeping, Tax, aaaaaaaaand PayrollJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: oops sorry
I have a debt owed to me that a person has refused to pay.
I have a debt owed to me that a person has refused to pay. The total is $2350.00 from 8/20/15. Last response from the person was 9/2015. Is there a website where forms are available to collect/try to collect from them? From the initial reminder letter to the demand letter? As well as the filing letter for the court? I know where they live as well as license information etc. Thank you.
I met a guy on a trading forum. He is a big trader and had
I met a guy on a trading forum. He is a big trader and had good reviews. I asked him to design him a options trading system for me. He charged me $5000 which I paid. He gave me the trading system report and also offered to trade my IRA account for 1 year to show me live how it makes profit. I was elated at the prospect of a big trader trading for my account.He also said he has a hedge fund trading exotic options in Europe and he would give me a chance to invest with him. I gave him $10,000.During the one year period, my IRA account was reduced to 10% of it's value of 20K with his trading. Next, he told me his partner in the hedge fund ran away with my 10k but he will give back from his own pocket. He gave me $2000 over a period of 6 months and now, not even responding. Clearly, this is a fraud. What options do I have to recover my money? I know his name and address. He even gave a letter to my employer that he is managing my IRA with his signature. All that seemed like he was legit.
I am a US citizen, and recently I had to file a civil claim
I am a US citizen, and recently I had to file a civil claim against a company.The company terminated my contract claiming “for cause”.. however, they refused to explain what was the “for cause”, stating they were not required to explain. I tried to resolve the matter amicably, for that it had to be a simple misunderstanding however the company refused. This forced me to file this claim in the local civil court. Once there, the company alleged that I ‘forged' documents when hired in 2013, but they refused to say what documents they had issues with.At this point it's been 7 months, and the company still will not say what documents they have issues with.2 week ago (after months of no contact), I was contacted by the company rep, stating that I needed to bring ALL my documents related to my case”…???Until right now, I have NO IDEA what documents they need!..When I ask the company Rep to tell me exactly WHAT documents they need they responds was … “you know what document” … and again they refused to tell me what exactly what they need.Could this be some kind of legal confusion strategy?Please help me
I'm in a $1mm litigation against another party.....I am the
I'm in a $1mm litigation against another party.....I am the PLAINTIFF.They claim to have a different version of a text message than the version I presented to them asevidence in discovery. They are going to file something with the court claiming this as manufactured and a fraud on the court.We are going to trial in October.We have them perjurying themselves under oath NUMEROUS times. And we also have them perjurying themsevles HORRIBLY on an afficavit they submitted.How is the court going to decide when presented with 2 different versions of a text....mine....and theirs.
Counselor at Law
My wife was a Caregiver of an Alzheimer's patient since May,
My wife was a Caregiver of an Alzheimer's patient since May, 2015 at the rate of $18.50 per hour.As the care needs 24 hours care for the patient, the daughter with POA proposed to my wife if she could take of her Dad at longer hours. They agreed to take care of him at our house on April 1, 2016. We fixed the house to accommodate him at her suggested rate of $4750 per month (24 days, three weekends not included). Although we were not comfortable with the mentoned pay as it is Very Underpaid, my wife accepted it instead of losing her job. We provided the Board and Lodging but No contract, as daughter refused not have it, just a trial maybe. (effective rate was only $9.31 an hour at 16 hours per day/night not in accordance with California Caregiver's Pay)Due to misunderstanding, we asked her she pulled out her Dad on Aug. 24, 2016 as her questioned were very offending.As there is no Contract between except the Pay Stub since May to March 31, 2015, can we claim Short Pay which is estimated of $20,500 after deducting her total payments?We are just thinking to do this as a retaliation for her Non-Gratitude and Appreciation as we really did our best as Caregivers for her Dad.