Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent pediatrics questions
My 6 year old son had an incident this morning where s head
My 6 year old son had an incident this morning where his head was closed in a car door. He did cry but within just a few minutes seemed ok he went to daycare and played and has acted completely normal. He has not complained of any nausea dizziness or severe headache. My question is that tonight before bed he did tell me that just behind his ear it is tender and when I observed the area it does seem to be slightly raised. When the incident happened this morning he said that it was his year that was hit. Other than this tenderness he has been completely normal, he has not been overly tired as a matter of fact he is having a hard time going to sleep.
Sunday I gave my grandsons some strawberries that were given
Sunday I gave my grandsons some strawberries that were given to my husband by a coworker. They were small, end of season berries, almost overripe. I did not see any mold. They had been picked 3 days earlier and stored in a sealed plastic container unwashed. I washed the berries and sliced them, throwing the obviously overripe ones away. I only ate a few, the 5 year old 2-3, but my 22 month old grandson ate quite a few. This was at 4 pm. He awoke the next morning and seemed shaky. His mommy thought that he was hungry and gave him a veggie smoothie, which he vomited in the car on the way to my house. He had a total of 5 episodes of vomiting. His dad contacted the pediatricians office and the nurse on call said to wait for an hour and then begin pedialyte. There was no further vomiting, and we kept him on the pedialyte even though he cried for food. He did well throughout the day, and then the same thing happened this am. He vomited 2-3 times, NPO for an hour and then sips of pedialyte. He had to be distracted from food. He was playful most of the day but had to be forced to sip the pedialyte. After 8 hours, he was ravenous, and we gave him applesauce and dry rice krispies. He seemed uncomfortable about an hour or so after eating. No vomiting, but just wanted held. He did not have a BM yesterday or today. Again, the nurse on call was notified, but did not think it was an emergency. He is now sleeping soundly. Did I give my grandson food poisoning, and what else should we do?
DEVI - our 3 and a half year old son got t by a soccer ball
Hello Dr. DEVI - our 3 and a half year old son got hit by a soccer ball on Sat. We went to the doctor and everything is fine, but he is doing this weird thing -opening and closing his mouth like rapid yawns. Wondering what to do?
I have a 4 week old baby. We live in Georgia and keep the
Hello!I have a 4 week old baby. We live in Georgia and keep the house temperature at 74F and have a fan on low in our bedroom (where baby sleeps in bassinet). I have been dressing him to sleep with a cotton footed onesie and wrap his torso and legs with a Muslim swaddle (arms out). Is this ok or could he get too hot? Thanks!
4mo used to sleep through the night but now is starting to
4mo used to sleep through the night but now is starting to thrash and slam her feet down on the bed, all the while seems asleep or wakes up and will not sleep unless swaddled. It is s combination of these two things happening every night now.
Yesterday my 10 year old son got a sunburn on s shouldersView more pediatrics questions
Hi,Yesterday my 10 year old son got a sunburn on his shoulders (we applied sunscreen, but after the pool, I guess it wore off in that area). The rest of him is fine. So today he was complaining about it, so my husband took him to medexpress. The Dr. there gave him benedryl (this was at 11am/noon). Our son then came home and slept for 3 hours, woke up for a couple hours, then slept a few more hours. He is of course now awake at almost midnight, and has school to get up for at 7am. So, can I give him his usual dose of 1mg of melatonin? Should I also give him some benedryl too, as advised by the Dr today (he didn't know we give melatonin). I just need to know if one or both, and how much of each (He is 10 and weight 75 lbs). Thank you!p.s. He feels fine now, this is more an issue of getting him to sleep bc of school tomorrow