Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help

Recent Roommate questions

I had lived in my part meant for years and then had my

Hello. I had lived in my part meant for years and then had my boyfriend move in. We renewed the lease together, both signed it and then before the renewal date approached, he moved out and just called the landlord and asked for his name to be removed. This happened in 2014, and I have attempted on my own to retrieve only 1 months rent from him for the lease he signed as I was not prepared to pay for it all for the first month. Is it too late to go after him for past rent?

Read more

Barrister

Attorney/Landlord/Realtor

Doctoral Degree

47,090 satisfied customers
I actually have questions regarding being a condo homeowner

I actually have questions regarding being a condo homeowner and my rights concerning the association management company and Board of Directors.JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?Customer: I just arrived at your website and if I can chat with you great but thought I may be in the wrong category?JA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: I believe they have filed a lien but not entirely sure.JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I feel harassed, ganged up upon and that they are not willing to work with me. I have let it go for years....

Read more

Irwin Law

Juris Doctor JD

8,808 satisfied customers
I am currently on a mortgage with an ex-girlfriend but no

I am currently on a mortgage with an ex-girlfriend but no longer live in the house that we took the mortgage on. The house is in Pennsylvania and I now live in Florida. I left in good faith that she would take measures to take over the loan with her new significant other or a roommate. She has not done so and is now over a month late on the mortgage, which is having a negative impact on my credit. Is there anything I can do about this?

Read more

AttyHeather

Attorney

Juris Doctorate

978 satisfied customers
2 people share an apt, one pays 60 % the other pays 40%. The

2 people share an apt, one pays 60 % the other pays 40%. The 40% guy moves out in the middle of lease. Does he still have say or access to property even though he still is willing to pay his portion of rent.

Read more

RealEstateAnswer

Juris Doctor

30,384 satisfied customers
Is it unlawful for renting a room to somebody at a rent

Is it unlawful for renting a room to somebody at a rent house? I live in Atlanta, Georgia for your information

Read more

LawTalk

Attorney at Law

Juris Doctor

32,996 satisfied customers
Is it unlawful for renting a room to somebody at a rent

Is it unlawful for renting a room to somebody at a rent house? I live in Atlanta, Georgia for your information

Read more

Damien Bosco

Attorney

Doctoral Degree

3,078 satisfied customers
My rent is late (partially paid August ) and I am still

My rent is late (partially paid August ) and I am still awaiting final repairs from a water pipe leak that occurred July 4. Proceeded to have open wholes in the ceiling for weeks until I had to put in a maintenance order for them to come close the holes up - ridiculous. The manager is threatening us with eviction - has only taped a 3 day notice to our front door. Is there any way to fight her - I would love to get out of this dump, but I do not want an eviction on my record. Plus my roommate is sick with cancer and doesn't know anything about this. I am on a lease due to expire the end of March or April - can't remember for sure and I've never been given a copy of the lease despite my repeated requests. My payment history has been okay - I have made several late payments with the balance plus penalty always paid off.

Read more

Maverick

Doctoral Degree

6,780 satisfied customers
I own my home and live in it. I have a room mate. I am

I own my home and live in it. I have a room mate. I am selling my home and need to have her leave. I wrote her notice with date and a copy for myself. Is this good enough?Karen

Read more

Barrister

Attorney/Landlord/Realtor

Doctoral Degree

47,090 satisfied customers
I have a landlord threatening to evict me and my family

i have a landlord threatening to evict me and my family because of who my roommate is dating

Read more

Ray

Lawyer

Doctoral Degree

35,770 satisfied customers
View more real estate law questions
In The News