Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent Puppy Weight questions
My puppy may have eaten 7 10 MG amitryptiline tablets. He's
My puppy may have eaten 7 10 MG amitryptiline tablets. He's a about 25 lbs.JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if May will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about May?Customer: He seems ok, but I don't know if he actually got them as I found the bottle chewed up, and found 7 pills missing.JA: Our top Veterinarian is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Veterinarian in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Veterinarian until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Is there an official age to weight chart for German Shepherds?
Is there an official age to weight chart for German Shepherds? I'm trying to track my puppy's weight at home, but can't seem to find a consistent chart...every one is different that I've found. She's a 3 month old female and weighs 23 lbs as of this morning.I'm tracking her weight just out of curiosity for her adult size, but also because she consistently doesn't eat the recommended amount of food suggested on her puppy food bag (4 cups daily). She only eats about 2 cups a day, and I feed her twice a day. She doesn't get treats or table scraps. Should I be concerned?
My 9 month old black lab puppy (weight 65 lbs) chewed a prescription
My 9 month old black lab puppy (weight 65 lbs) chewed a prescription bottle of Zolpidem 10mg- my husband thinks at most there were 3 pills in the bottle which we recovered 1 and a half. This occurred somewhere between 5:45 and 7:45 this evening. She is behaving normally. I know that it works relatively quickly in humans and has a short half life (2-3 hours in humans) Just wondering if there is anything else besides observation that should be done at this point since it happened at the shortest time an hour ago
Veterinarian and practice owner
Facts and 5 questions.
Food Update Dec.
Reveccauet OnlyFacts and 5 questions. Food Update Dec. 7th 9 month Dog has a food tolerance issues. She seems to being doing well with Special Cooked foods, Chicken and Rice etc… The food is purchased at: JustFoodsForDogs.comFacts1. Her stool has been about solid 90 percent and medium solid 10 percent of the time for the past 15 days. Transition period from old food to new….. 2. On Tuesday I was at 10 weighted ounces of chicken and rice.3. JustFoddForDogs Serving Size Chart states 2 ¼ to 2 ¾ volume cups per day or between 18 weighted ounces and 22 weighted ounces per day for an adult dog weighting 30lbs. This would work if Volume = Weighted. 4. The chart also states 8 oz = one cup. Note: When placing measured ounces in a cup, the volume doesn't equal the weight. (Volume is > than Weighted) I believe the difference is not de-minimis. I understand there are many other considerations (activity level etc.) and is impossible to calculate the right food amounts. We should be able to calculate the starting point. 5. I use a scale to measure ounces. Placing the 8 ounces of food in a cup equates to ¼ of a cup extra, for every 8 ounces. (Food was compressed tightly in volume measuring cup) 6. Wednesday, when giving her 28 ounces, or 3 ½ weighed ounce cups, measured to 4 ½ cups of volume cups or1 cup extra per day. This seemed like a large volume of rice and chicken. The next day her stool was 30 percent solid and 70 percent medium solid. 7. It appears her stools were solid, at the low adult requirement of 20 ounces per day or 2 ¼ weighted ounces. I ignored the volume cup measurement. 8. JustFoodsForDogs recommends a puppy weighting 30 lbs today, and will be 50 lbs as an adult, should have 40 weighted ounces of Chicken and Rice each day or 5 weighted ounce cups per day. This would be 6 ¾ measured volume cups each day. You could see the 1 ¾ variance is the question. This seems like too much food, especially given the sensitivity of her digestive system. 9. On Thursday I went back to 20 weighted ounces per day, or 2 ¼ weighted ounces cups. 10. Note: there has been no treats given for the past 15 days….QUESTIONS1. I feel we should use the weighted ounces rather than the volume of cups. Do you agree?2. Her food intake goal should be a judgment call, somewhere between 20 weighted ounces per day (2 ½ weighted cups, medium adult requirement) and 24 weighted ounces per day (3 weighted cups or slightly above adult requirement)? This would equal about 3 ½ to 3 ¾ volume cups of intake. 3. How to we calculate for the larger amount of food required for a 9 month dog weighting 30 lbs that will eventually be 50 lbs. There is a big difference between the recommended 40 weighted ounces per day and 20 to 24 weighted ounces planned. 4. Given the food material variance between Weighted and Volume, should there more information, in which method to use in calculating the amount of food intake, especially given the food tolerance issues? A. Are we more concerned with the volume of food digested in the dog, or the weight of the food digested?
My 1 week old puppy weight-in 30 grams less overnight. He had
My 1 week old puppy weight-in 30 grams less overnight. He had blood coming out of his bum and a heart rate of 8 p/m. I took him to the vet immediately. He put him on oxygen and took an x-ray, which he said showed some gas bubbles in his tummy. He then gave him some antibiotics (amoxillin) and electrolytes. After 3 hours at the vet, he sent me home with the above medicines. I put the puppy back in the basket with the rest of the (+5) litter. Within minutes of getting home the puppy died.The next day I took him back to the vet and he performed a postmortem in which he concluded that the puppy had a crushed pelvis and the area around the pelvis was all bruised. The puppy and the rest of the litter was born healthy and gaining weight each day. I figure the mom must have accidentally stepped on the puppy.Should the vet been able to see on the x-ray that the puppy had a crushed pelvis?
I dropped a 1000IU D-3 gel cap and my puppy (morkie, 5 monthsView more dog veterinary questions
I dropped a 1000IU D-3 gel cap and my puppy (morkie, 5 months old, 3 [pounds) snatched, punctured and injested it before I could retrieve it. That was about 3 hours ago. So far everything seems normal, but I just read your info that symptoms may not be apparent until up to a couple of days after ingestion. What should I do
Large and small animal Veterinarian