I have a complicated situation where my wife who's a US
For Judith, i have a complicated situation where my wife who's a US citizen will do an official name change for both her first and last names. However she will be using her current passport , that holds her old names, in order to travel outside the states after getting her name change approved by a judge. I need to know if this is legal and if she will run into trouble with immigration and border protection units in the states
I m trying to get an ID, no, I am in silver spring, I was
hi , I m trying to get an IDJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I am in silver spring , I was using my passport , but it twill expire soon (<2 weeks ) also my I-94 expired already
My wife's I-130 was approved on 1/5/17. She has a current
My wife's I-130 was approved on 1/5/17. She has a current visitors visa to the USA and has been here twice in the past with our son who is a US citizen. Are we required to finish the immigration process with my wife in Bangkok Thailand? Or can she and our son come to the USA on her visitors visa and finish the process here?
I am an Indian Citizen residing in USA on US Card which i
I am an Indian Citizen residing in USA on US Green Card which i got 5 & 1/2 years ago as employment-based . I have already applied for US Citizenship in the last week of August month of 2016 by submitting N-400 for me and my spouse and not for my son who is only 14 yrs of age . Me and my spouse have already got our biometrics done in last week of September of 2016 as per the appointment letters mailed to us by USCIS . Just after 2 days of our Biometrics , our online status on USCIS Portal changed to CASE IS IN LINE FOR AN INTERVIEW , and it was the message like - we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.But since then there is no change after 1 & 1/2 month have passed and my interview should be at St. Paul Office because i live in MN State . Please clarify the below :(1) What can be the reason of delay or can it be more wait ?(2) Can my spouse visit to India now and will come back if interview scheduled before his return date ?(3) Can my spouse visit to India after the interview is done but before the Oath Ceremoney ?(4) Will there be any problem in above 2 situations # 2 and # 3 while returning to USA ? Do they count minimum 6 month stay in USA in just preceding 12 months or 6 months stay in every 12 months or they just see overall minimum 30 months stay in USA out of immediately precedeing 60 months ?(5) I know that if U.S.Citizenship is given to me and my spouse , then after getting our certificate of citizenship at Oath Ceremony , we can also apply for certificate of citizenship for our 14 yrs old son . But is there any need to get such certificate for my son for such big fees because anyway my son will get the US Passport with us and he can keep one copy of passport in digital form if sometime his passport is lost so that he can get new passport again again .
Dear Mr Senmartin, Here is my situation: - I am a
Dear Mr Senmartin,Here is my situation:- I am a naturalized US Citizen.- I sponsored my husband for a green card, which he received in 2003. We left the US in 2004 to live in Canada and then Mexico.- We also hold Canadian citizenship.- We would like to return to the US to live. We are now in the US, having come here for a vacation/business trip, and then decided we'd like to stay. My husband was granted a B1B2 6 month visa at the border on entry.- The green card is expired (in 2013). However, it has not been formally abandoned via the I-407 (because we didn't know that we had to do this), and thus my husband is still on record as a green card holder.- He would not qualify for a SB-1.My questions:- Should we apply for a renewal of the green card via the I-90? How would we resolve the question of abandonment in this situation?- If the I-90 renewal is refused, would there by an negative repercussions? Or could we then simply file the I-407 and start the Adjustment of Status (Green Card) application process from scratch again?- Or do you recommend bypassing the I-90 option and going directly to the I-407 route and then starting the Adjustment of Status application all over again?Thank you.DC Day
We are trying find right solution or answer for past few
We are trying find right solution or answer for past few days for immigration issue. My close friend's son passport and I94 is expiring on Sep 26th . He has applied passport for his son and he may get it this week.· Provided he(my friends son) get the passport on 19th of Sept, what are the options to make his son's stay legal after Sep 26th?o Can he take his son to Mexico and re-enter USA with a new I-94? -> not sure if he can get Canada Visa without passport in hand.o Can he approach ‘Immigration and customs enforcement' or ‘Customs and border protection' office to seek ‘I-94' update, is that a right approach?o Filing extension of H4 Visa along with his H1B which is expiring in Jan 2017.o Filing extension of stay for his son alone, not sure if this even possible.o Is there any other way to get this done?· Provided he gets the passport on 21st or 22nd of Sept, what are his options to make his son's stay legal after Sep 26th?· What if he could not extend I-94 before Sep 26th as he might not get his sons old/new passport on time.My friends passport is expiring on May 2017 and have stamped Visa (including his son) till Jan 2017.
I'm trying to get my children's passports renewed
I'm trying to get my children's passports renewed and am leaving to go out of the country July 1 so I'm not comfortable using the standard service. What is the best way to expedite? i live in SF and am looking on line but can't figure out what's best.