My kids father and I got into a fight and guns were drawn
My kids father and I got into a fight and guns were drawn and he was arrested (The first and only time this has happened). Our kids were in the home at the time so now the Department of Children and Families are involved. I was advised to get a restraining order and file for a custody agreement within the courts. I did but the restraining order was dropped and I do not want to press charges, I just want counseling and mediation for my family. He has been a great dad to the kids never harming them but our relationship was not a good one due to constant arguing NOT physical abuse. We have had physical altercations before but it was more pushing one another. When the DCF worker came to my home she implemented a safety plan which expires tomorrow and wants me to move out of my home. She also told me to not drop the restraining order and the charges or else they would take my children away, which is crazy. I have always been a great mother, a active member in society, volunteer and work 2 jobs to provide for my children and don't want to lose them but I also dont want to press charges or keep a restraining order in place just to please DCF if it will hurt my children and our family. We lived together but he can not return to the home due to the no contact order with the domestic violence charges pending but I did advise the state prosecutor and the public defender I do not want to press charges I just want this situation mediated and counseling for us all. The state says they decide whether to move forward or not and that could posssibly have my kids testify in court. THEY ARE 5 YRS OLD btw which I believe is a scare tactic. I dont know what to do or what I can do, but I don't want my children taken away but I dont want to be pressured or forced to incriminate their dad or myself. What can I do now, I need some legal advice?
My boyfriend was arrested on a felony child abuse charge but
My boyfriend was arrested on a felony child abuse charge but really all he did was push my son to take a phone away during a fight with me. I spoke with children protective services immediately (interview with my parents, myself and son), filed a restraining order that they and the police said I HAD TO DO and dropped the restraining order.What happens if I do not want to seek charges (which i told the states attorneys office) and would like to allow my boyfriend home after he finishes his alcohol rehab which is currently in.I have no record, my boyfriend has no record and my son is not abused. But I hear horror stories
What is the best response to a father who is saying that
What is the best response to a father who is saying that you're marginalizing his parenting by enrolling the child in one week summer camps? Note that the status quo before you were separated was that the mother solely handled all those duties - including the selection of the activities, the enrollment process, and taking the child.We are awaiting final custody hearing - mother has temporary primary custody.
My five year old daughter said her aunt touched her privates
My five year old daughter said her aunt touched her privates while playing a game of "tanning bed". She said they took all of their clothes off except for underwear and took turns laying on the bed and rubbing lotion on each other. My daughter said her aunt took my daughter's panties part of the way off and touched her. I have reported it to the cops and dcs. Will I need a lawyer as well?
I have been in a custody battle since January. My 14 year
I have been in a custody battle since January. My 14 year old son began refusing to go to his dad's house Dec 2015 and stated Dads wife had sexually touched him. Dad asked that we use private mediation and now we have had 3 continuances as a result. The mediators report showed as a full agreement between the parents, when in fact there were none. She recommended joint legal/physical for both kids with the provision that my son not be around dad's wife, so visitation w/dad at son's discretion. There was no recommendation made for my 10 year old daughter. Judge asked if we wanted to adopt with a no contact provision for both kids. Father would not agree on many counts. My main concerns are that the way the report is written I now have my son full time, but will not receive any additional child support, also safety concerns. I want no contact w/ stepmom for both kids. Dad does not believe son therefore cannot keep kids safe in my opinion. Please provide any possible solutions.
I have a civil no-contact order (merged into JOD in the form
I have a civil no-contact order (merged into JOD in the form of a private agreement) that states: There should be no contact between [son] and [ex's boyfriend].Do any of these scenarios constitute violating the no contact order?-Boyfriend lives at mom's house during days when son is with dad.He is transient during days son is with mom.-There are photos of boyfriend and mom on the walls, and son sees them and feels upset because mom will not discuss.-There are boyfriends personal belongings throughout the house and in son's areas, but son cannot touch items.-Boyfriend goes inside of house when son is sleeping at night.-Boyfriend regularly circles house and parks out front when son is at mom's (documented from investigator)-Son (7 yrs) told GAL that he feels upset seeing the boyfriends photos and personal belongings at his mom's.-Mother and boyfriend requested permission from GAL to allow BF to meet son, AFTER order was in place (intent?).
I share joint legal and physical custody of my 13 year old
I share joint legal and physical custody of my 13 year old son with my ex-husband. We separated 8 yrs divorced for 7 yrs. 2 years ago I tried to get full custody. The outcome his current wife is not to contact me and he is to only text or email. The problem - my ex-husband is a bully he texts/emails every weekend whether our son is with me or not. And it never is in regards ***** ***** son. It's so bad I want to give up my rights and get a no contact order with him. This past Friday we couldn't make the usual switch time because I was in the ER with severe dehydration. A barrage of emails and texts came while I was in the hospital. I told him he was welcome to come get our son but I couldn't meet him. He threatens lawyer involvement. And it turns out he was working and couldn't make it anyway. I want him to leave me alone and I want peace. Please advice. Walk away or spend thousands more to fight for full custody?
Attorney At Law
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors