Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent Multiple Entry questions
I am looking for information regarding changing B1/B2 status
Hello I am looking for information regarding changing B1/B2 status to E3 or an extension of B1/B2 and B2 visas for purposes of finding a suitable positionJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: I'm here on B1/B2 my dependent daughter is here on B2JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: no not yet,JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: I am looking into what is the best course of action my B1/B2 visa 6 month stay ends on the 21st Sept
It's a short questions that requires a little more back
Hi. It's a short questions that requires a little more back story. Let me type it up.JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: no. not sure if I need a lawyer. But I do have a question regarding my filipina girlfriend who is here on a tourist visa (second trip). We have two kids together who are both dual citizens. We live in the Philippines (since 2010). I have a resident visa for the Philippines. While we are here visiting family - If we shoot to Las Vegas and get married, how will that impact our future plans for her to migrate to the USA? No issues?JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: nothing pending.JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: She has a current 10 yr, multiple entry visa which she has used twice. Our sons travel with us to the USA. I would like to marry this trip - however WE WILL return to the Philippines end of this month as planned.
Sorry this is second time I'm typing this since i was unsure
sorry this is second time I'm typing this since i was unsure the first time. my mom visited me from india for 6 months on 10 yr multiple entry visa now she is leaving, how long should she wait to come back to U.S , should she go to india or can she go for few days to another country and come back.
I am in the USA on a B1/B2 visa from India. I have a 10
Hi, I am in the USA on a B1/B2 visa from India. I have a 10 years multiple entry visa. I would like to apply for F1 visa and pursue my studies here. Will my B1/B2 visa status lapse on application or receipt of F1 visa or will it continue to remain valid?
I have been travelling to the USA under the ESTA waiver
HiI have been travelling to the USA under the ESTA waiver program since 2002. I carry an Australian passport but I was born in Kuwait to Lebanese parents. The only passport I have ever used after migrating to Australia is my Australian passport. In 2014 I had a valid ESTA visa and on my way to JFK I transited in Dubai for two nights when I came back to board my flight I was refused boarding. I have written to the redress program for further investigation about my case and they said I have no issues to travel. However when I applied in person to the USA consulate in Sydney I was refused a visa yet again. I had never had any problem travelling to USA I have been there and back more than 20 times and this is the only time I was not allowed to board a flight ever.
I-131, is there a different fee if you apply advanced parole
For the I-131, is there a different fee if you apply for single advanced parole vs. multiple advance parole? And is it required you write on a separate sheet of paper why you would qualify for an Advance Parole Document? My wife wants to see her family for the week of Christmas since she hasn't seen them for almost a year while she was fulfilling her time as an Au Pair. Is that a reason they would usually deny for a Travel Permit?
I would like to know all the pros and cons below mentioned
I would like to know all the pros and cons for each below mentioned options and your suggested approach for my situation. Also, please advise if you feel there is a better option than the ones I have listed below:PS: I understand this question requires detailed and long answer and I will give great reviews and reward by adding appropriate tips for a correct, detailed and satisfactory answer.Situation:- I am an Indian citizen and a permanent resident of US since Feb 2012.- I becomes eligible to become US citizen in Feb, 2017.- My spouse (Indian citizen) has a multiple entry B2 visa issued in April 2015 with validity of 10 years.- She entered USA on B2 visa on May 19, 2015.- My spouse applied for admission for MBA on July 28th, 2015 and was admitted for the graduate program.- My spouse Applied for Change of Status to F-1 on August 05, 2015- I met my spouse for the fist time in August and than we got married in November 2015 by performing a civil marriage in US.- My spouse received RFE for change of status from B-2 to F-1 visa on Nov 16, 2015- Later, change of status to F1 was approved on Feb 16, 2016.- My spouse left USA to go to India due to family emergency on Feb 21, 2016- I also went to India in March, 2016.- My wife started working in India in March 2016.- We performed a religious marriage on June 18, 2016 in India.- My spouse is currently employed in India while I am on PFA (paid family leave) in India.- My spouse still has an admission in the graduate program and next starting session for her graduate studies is in September 2016 but she needs to get F-1 visa for that.- Now my spouse wants to travel to US for tourism in September, 2016.- I want to file for her immigrant visa- We both plan to settle in India permanently after September 2018 but before that we would like to travel in US as much as possible and stay together as much as possible.Options:1. File for I-130 for my spouse visa now while I am in India (July 2016), my spouse enters US in September, 2016 for tourism using her visitor visa (if this is even possible) and update the application once I become US citizen (possibly by end of march, 2017).2. File I-130 for my spouse visa once I am in US (15th September, 2016) and my spouse enters the US in September as a tourist and update the application once I become US citizen (possibly by end of March, 2017).3. My wife enters US for tourism in September 2016 and I file I-130 and I-485 for my spouse visa once I become US citizen (possibly by end of march, 2017) and my wife leaves the US after her I-94 expiration (end of march).4. My wife enters US for tourism in September 2016, I file extension of stay for my wife for another 6 months before her I-94 expiration (end of march) than I file I-130 and I-485 for my spouse visa once I become US citizen (possibly by end of march, 2017).5. File for I-130 for my spouse visa now while I am in India (July 2016), my spouse enters US in September, 2016 for tourism (if this is even possible). I file extension of stay for my wife for another 6 months before her I-94 expiration (end of march) and update the application once I become US citizen (possibly by end of march, 2017) and file for her adjustment of status.6. Apply for her F-1 visa (which I think might be tough as she is married to PR) and she enters US as a student and later I file for her immigrant visa once I become US citizen.Your detailed and prompt response is much appreciated.Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Citizen and my spouse is LPR. He becomes eligible to become
I am Indian citizen and my spouse is LPR. He becomes eligible to become US citizen on Feb 12, 2017. Here is my situation:- I have a multiple entry B2 visa issued in April 2015 with validity of 10 years.- Entered USA on B2 visa on May 19, 2015- Applied for admission for MBA on July 28th, 2015- Applied for Change of Status to F-1 on August 05, 2015- Got married to a permanent resident on Nov 15, 2015 (Civil Marriage)- Received RFE for change of status on Nov 16, 2015- Change of status to F1 was approved on Feb 16, 2016.- Left USA due to family emergency on Feb 21, 2016- Performed religious marriage on June 18, 2016 in India- I am currently working in India.----> Now I am planning to travel to US in September 2016 on B-2 visa which will allow me to stay till March. In March I will file the extension to stay and in the mean time my husband will get naturalise and become US citizen and then I will file for adjustment of status. Do you see any drawbacks or issues in the above scenario?
I and wife recently received a B1/B2 tourist visa, 10 yearView more immigration law questions
I and wife recently received a B1/B2 tourist visa, 10 year multiple entry to USA. We will be going there in September. Assuming that we would get 6 months on our I 94 at the best, ***** ***** would leave in October to speak at a conference in Asia, what would happen when I come back to US to reenter? Would the I 94 stay the same, would I have to start application all over again, would there be problems. My daughter is studying a nine month course in California and our reason and purpose to be in the States is to be with her possibly during this time as she is only 16. Our other daughter is getting married to a US citizen also. Our plan is to apply for an extension when we are in the States, hopefully that would give us up to nine months. My main question is, would we jeopardize our visa in leaving for two short conferences in Oct and Dec and what would the difficulties be in coming back in, would we have to restart the process again or if we showed them the reason we were returning because of our daughter and our plane fare out of the country after nine months what would happen? I am from UK, my wife Dutch.. My daughter who is studying will be coming in under a M1 visa...