Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent Mortgage questions
I live with a husband/owner and wife non-owner of a house in
I live with a husband/owner and wife non-owner of a house in a shared dwelling. I realise as the wife, she is entitled to half even if she is not on deed. Husband wants me to stay (I am at-will tenant, paying rent) wife wants me to go (claiming criminal activity) and wife filed for summary ejectment (NC) This entire disagreement arose over an argument over housework that escalated with wife eventually giving husband ultimatum (me or her to leave) What could happen at hearing? Doesn't husband have any rights - on deed, only one to pay mortgage etc.
We have the following problem: We were purchasing the house
We have the following problem:We were purchasing the house in Texas. Unfortunately the documents to obtain the mortgage loan were filed later by our lender then the due date in our purchase agreement. So the loan approval was to be delayed. We created and signed an Addendum to the purchase agreement that if we will not obtain a loan approval within a week, the agreement will be canceled. The week passed by, we didn't get the approval, so the agreement was supposed to be cancelled.We signed prepared by our agent release of the earnest deposit of $5K form; however the sellers & their agent refused to sign the release of our earnest deposit.They are motivating that this cancelation has been extremely inconvenient for them since they'll have to get the house back to market, furniture was sold, etc. By the way, they already purchased another house in another state and their house in Texas was 103 days on the market before we offered for it.Again, the Addendum to our purchase agreement is extremely clear that the loan approval should be obtained by certain date. If not, the agreement is cancelled. Moreover, our lender informed us that our loan was declined all together.The sellers' agent is been extremely difficult & harassing to our lender and our agent – screaming & throwing tantrums ….Please advise what needs to be done to get the sellers and this agent sign the release so we could get our earnest deposit back.Thanks.
The 1st mortgage Bank mortgaged property when it was one
the 1st mortgage Bank mortgaged property when it was one parcel. Just got word that property can be listed for sale as two properties. One has house on it and one has barn on it. mortgage has climbed so high that even if if I sold both properties, I will have problems paying off junior mortgage holders. Can I do a short sale on house property and take the entire proceeds of the barn property to pay off junior liens? Or, if I did not satisfy the entire 1st mortgage balance, could I negotiate a percentage of the proceeds from the sale of the barn lot? The bank says I could sell the property for the lower of the two appraisals which is 740,000. The higher appraisal is 1,230,000. The mortgage is 1,250,000. The value of the house lot is 1,000,000 and the land lot is 500,000, or at least that's what it's listed for. Is bank going to re-appraise the property and demand to be paid all it's money? My argument is that I worked hard to make it 2 lots and I should not be denied the benefit. What do you think?
I purchased a property with a friend three years ago but as
I purchased a property with a friend three years ago but as soon as the purchase went through it has been a nightmare.I wasn't in agreement with the demolition for the projects he had in mind e.g. tearing down a wall that separated the living room and kitchen due to the concern it was load bearing. Also, removing the entire ceiling of one bedroom to install a skylight that never got installed. And that's just to name a few. My hesitations for these projects were based on it not being necessary and me having to repair the unfinished projects.I ultimately walked away with the verbal agreement that he would continue to pay the mortgage on time and would sell the property after one year and he would keep any proceeds of the sale. This decision was based on the advice of our real estate agent and loan officer because of the type of loan FHA.We are at the third year and he is not willing to sell and does not qualify to refinance on his own. He recently has been late with the payments which is affecting my credit.What legal remedies do I have to get this resolved.
My house has been in foreclosure since 2012. We have
My house has been in foreclosure since 2012. We have horrible terms and an excessively large balloon payment, which was brought on by a refinance to clear up my boyfriend's credit card debt. The mortgage is in his name, but both of our names appear on the deed.I lost my job, which was allowing us to pay our new mortgage payment of $4500/month, up from $2200/month. I was on severance for 6 months, then unemployment, but unable to find work. I was doing freelance work and was barely able to stay afloat. During this time, we split up and I found a small apt to live in - but eventually couldn't afford that, lost my car to repossession and moved in with two roommates. After two years, my boyfriend and I got back together. I am living in the foreclosed property. During this time he made no payments and said that a loan modification was not an option. I am not sure if he actually went through the motions to get one, but based on his salary probably could not have qualified for one.I am working full time at a non-profit and making about half of what I used to earn. Between his salary and mine, we could make a $2500/month payment. We hired an attorney who says there is nothing more to be done. I read about people being able to stay in their homes until they are ready to move. I just need time to find a place to live that I can afford. Today I opened my mail to find a Notice of Summary Judgement and if I am reading this correctly, we have to appear in court on August 25th and fight this, or the judge can find for the bank and allow them to immediately advise the court clerk to have me removed from the property, so it can be sold at auction.Is there any hope at all here? The bot***** *****ne is while I am named in the suit, it is because my name is ***** ***** deed. My boyfriend's name is ***** ***** mortgage, so he has all of the downside of the foreclosure on his credit etc. I hear about programs, but he thinks its not worth looking into.
My daughter owns a condo at the Villages of Berkley in
My daughter owns a condo at the Villages of Berkley in Mantua, NJ. She gave me a General Durable Power of Attorney and wants me to attend her Association meetings in her place. Her Board president said "That means nothing to him. Unless my name is ***** ***** deed, I have no right to be there. My husband and I hold her mortgage which is formally registered in Gloucester County. Institution mortgage holders (banks etc.) are permitted to attend meetings. Since we are not "an institution" that may exclude us." Among other things, the power of attorney says I can "maintain, protect and preserve her property." Can the Condo Association exclude me from their monthly meetings? I do not want to put my credit card information on my computer . If you call me I will give it to you over the phone.
I HAVE A DOMESTIC PARTNER. SHE HAS A HOME IN HER NAME ONLY.View more real estate law questions
I HAVE A DOMESTIC PARTNER. SHE HAS A HOME IN HER NAME ONLY. I HAVE LIVED WITH HER FOR 15 YEARS. I HAVE PAID MORTGAGE PAYMENTS, MADE IMPROVEMENTS TO HER HOME, I HAVE MADE REPAIRS TO THE HOME. SHE IS SELLING THE HOME AND TELLS ME I AM ENTITLED TO NOTHING AFTER PUTTING SO MUCH MONEY IN HER HOME OVER THE LAST 15 YEARS. IS IT TRUE I AM ENTITLED TO NOTHING? DO I HAVE ANY RIGHT TO TRY TO RECOVER AT LEAST 15 YEARS WORTH OF INVESTMENT