Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help

Recent Mercury Poisoning questions

My daughter is in kindergarten and has been eating tuna

My daughter is in kindergarten and has been eating tuna sandwiches for lunch in school at least 3-4 times a week, since school started , 40 days, I'm very scared she may have or will develope mercury poisoning, do you think it's a strong possibility and can her pediatrician treat her for that safely.

Read more

Dr. SH

Board Certified Physician

Doctoral Degree

14,804 satisfied customers
Dr Bray, I wanted to give you a quick update on my

Hello Dr Bray, I wanted to give you a quick update on my throat. I am still having the swallowing issue. The dry, swollen feeling in the throat. Near the top, sometimes at the back. Sometimes on the side, mostly the back wall though, or maybe the uvula.Or maybe both. It can be quite bothersome and its affecting how much I eat. I am trying to avoid salty and irritating foods to let things heal. Its tough because you eat and get hungry. I wanted to show you 4 updated photos, just to get your latest opinionon if you see anything especially out of the ordinary. Thanks Dr Bray.

Read more

Anthony Bray, MD

Doctoral Degree

13,986 satisfied customers
I just had a an event where I didnt realize a new mercury

I just had a an event where I didnt realize a new mercury light bulb had fallen into the washing machine and the load of laundry ran with the bulb in with the clothes. The bulb shattered. I didnt realize until I was pulling the clothes from the machine.I am sure that not only were the clothes and the washing machine exposed to the mercury, but I am sure I breathed in some of the fumes and dust from inside the bulb. I was concerned with mercury poisoning, when will I know if and how much I was exposed andhow dangerous it is. Thanks for the help. Chris

Read more

Dr S.A.Alam

Consultant, Medicine/Cardiology

Master's Degree

4,228 satisfied customers
I have excess saliva in my mouth and I am constanstanly swallowing.

I have excess saliva in my mouth and I am constanstanly swallowing. I am taking Apor-Domperidone (10mg) twice a day and Apo-Pantoprazole (40 mg) once a day for stomach acid. I sometime stuggle with chocking while trying to sleep. Have to sit up quickly to swallow. My tongue is sore and coated with something. Also, my teeth are coated. I cannot stop swallowing. Is there a medication that will help me with this problem?Thank you.

Read more

57,216 satisfied customers
Hello, I had a question about mercury containing "curly", "spring

Hello, I had a question about mercury containing "curly", "spring shaped" light bulbs that are common now in houses. I was moving and one fell out of my pocket onto the garage floor and shattered. I was nervous as I am a bit of a hypochondriac anyway, and Ive heard they can be dangerous when shattered. This happened at noon as I was leaving the house. About 8 hours later, when I returned home to clean it up, I wore a mask and gloves and wiped up the glass pieces and whatever white dust I could find. Once that was done, i put the towels in a plastic zip-lock bag and closed it and then put it into a garbage bag and dropped it into the dumpster. Im curious just how dangerous those bulbs are, and what I might expect from exposure either on the skin or from breathing in the "dust." How worried and careful do I need to be with them, and what if I didnt get all the pieces in the garage, or some debris got onto the furniture I was storing in the garage. Thanks for any help.chris

Read more

Dr. Phil, MD

Internal Medicine Physician

Doctoral Degree

41,734 satisfied customers
What is causing my body to feel wet, cold and frothy excess

What is causing my body to feel wet, cold and frothy excess salviaAnd the time and causing my teeth to rot. I feel hungry moreOften than usual. I have had a scan of my salvia glands and they appear normal. I know it isNot dry mouth.Help!

Read more

57,216 satisfied customers
I decided to eat fish as my staple diet and I started off eating

I decided to eat fish as my staple diet and I started off eating salmon and black cod than during the past week or two I started eating also ahi and swordfish....I'm having headaches now at night time....could this be because of just eating too much fish or did I get mercury poisoning.....I don't think it's the air quality of where I just moved to.

Read more

Dr Mask

Medical Officer Emergency Deptt

MBBS

1,620 satisfied customers
On mercury poisoning. Ive been suffering from peripheral neuro-like

On mercury poisoning. I've been suffering from peripheral neuro-like symptoms for many years now. According to my doc, my CBC reveals elevated levels of mercury (>21 vs <10 which is normal). Other than that, all tests were either normal or within range. Can mercury cause these symptoms? If so, how can I treat it?

Read more

57,216 satisfied customers
I have excessive salivation but no other symptoms. The symptom

I have excessive salivation but no other symptoms. The symptom occurred within a week of owning a dog. Could it be an allergic reaction?

Read more

Dr Su S

Doctoral Degree

14,698 satisfied customers
View more medical questions
In The News