My wife and kids in The US with B1/B2 visa, not yet, no, yes
hiJA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?Customer: My wife and kids in The US with B1/B2 visaJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: not yetJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: yes
I got my L2 approved last year and now I got my F1 approved
I got my L2 approved last year and now I got my F1 approved in July for Globe University. I just wanted to know if I can still travel on L2. I heard there are some legal complications going on with Globe University and I was planning to travel in October on F1. Now I am not sure if that would be a safe option.That's why I was thinking if I should travel on L2 and later join college on F1 which I already have. Also, can I change my F1 university from India on same the F1?What should I do in this case. Your help will be much appreciated.
Current valid visa: L1-A individual stamped Validity: Valid
Current valid visa: L1-A individual stampedValidity: Valid till October 2017Case:1. Got selected in H1b lottery this year 2. Petition under approval process with COS 3. Don't want COS from L1 to H1Q: How to remain on L1A working with present employer after 1st October?JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: yes its in pending state...'case received'JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: none
I am on L2 visa and my spouse is in L1B visa (Visa valid
FOR JudithHi,I am on L2 visa and my spouse is in L1B visa (Visa valid till Oct 2018). My spouse's company applied for a H1B visa too and his petition got approved under COS with a new I94. But now I got a job (on L2 EAD) and we prefer to maintain L1B visa.As advised by you earlier, my husband would travel out of US and re-enter on L1B visa on Oct 2nd, to avoid automatic H1B COS.If my husband leaves US on Sep 29 an return on Oct 2, I think I and my Child would go out of status for 2 days(Sep 30th & Oct1st).Now my questions are,1) why is this considered Out of status and not seen as simple vacation of Primary visa holder2) If this is Out of status: what would be the consequences of going out of status.a) Will it impact my job secured and work authorization using L2, with EAD (Do I have to inform my employer of this?)b) will it impact my next visa stamping or GC process.Please explain.Thanks!
I-539 change of status was filed based on Husbands L1
I-539 change of status was filed based on Husbands L1 approval. Wife left country before approval, and was denied because a change of status cannot be approved for an alien who failed to maintain the periously accorded status or whose status expired before the application or petition was filed.JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: NoJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: Wondering if I can file an I-290B and if so, what basis can I claim for motion to reconsider. Do I have any argument.? Or Can I refile a new I-539 to change status to L2 based on husbands L1 status
Here is my situation: -March 2014-Entered US on L2 visa and
Here is my situation:-March 2014-Entered US on L2 visa and started work on L2 EAD visa. My spouse's L1 started in September 2013.-April 2015-I-129 Application for cap-subject h1b submitted by potential employer X.-July, August 2015-Travelled to India and came back on L2visa.-September 2015- I539 application for extension of stay on L2 granted from April 2015 to September 2016.-October 1 2015-H1b status active(I was told my h1 will be active only when the potential employer X(pays salary).-Continued working on L2 EAD visa past October 2015 for different employers.-Applied for EAD extension in November 2015 and it got approved surprisingly by uscis in feb 2016 valid till November 2016.-In Feb 2016 Change of Employer I-129(non-capped) was submitted and its still in pending status by Employer Y. This was done with an effective date of Feb 2016.-May 2016-Went to Bahamas and re-entered back on L2 visa and applied for L1/L2 extensions.-Potential employer Z interested in transferring my H1.Here are my questions:- If Employer Y's petition gets approved, does it mean that it will reduce my out of status to October '15 to Feb '16instead of October '15 to May '16? Shall I premium process Y's petition as I am not sure if employer Y will withdraw it after I start working for Employer Z ?- Once transfer by employer Z successfully done and payslips successfully generated, will there be any issuein H4 stamping for my wife due to these issues as she plans to go back in December? Will they check my entire history then?- Will there be any issues in transferring my H1 to Employer Z?- What will happen if Employer X cancels my petition before the transfer is undertaken by Employer Z?
I'm on L1 visa and me and my spouse is not having a healthy
HiJA: Hi. How can we be of help?Customer: I'm on L1 visa and me and my spouse is not having a healthy relationship. We will go for divorce. Right now my spouse is out of USA. I want to know if its possible to terminate or cancel her L2 visa so she cannot enter in US.JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: L1 BJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: Not yet.JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: nothing else...just a question on whether or not my company can initiate the L2 termination based on our separation.
I was on L2 EAD and then moved to H1B (alien number remained
For JudithI was on L2 EAD and then moved to H1B (alien number remained same in both). In the meantime, my husbands company applied for a new L1B and he got it stamped. Simultaneously, I also applied for a COS from H1B to L2. My COS was approved based on his new L1B dates, post which I applied for EAD and got my card. Now the alien numbers between my old and new EAD cards are different. Can the alien numbers be different as it happened in my case.If not, what would be the process to get it fixed.