Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent L 1B questions
I have two questions and I hope you can help me with it. 1.
Hello, I have two questions and I hope you can help me with it.1. I am employed in L1B status valid for 2 more years, married to a US citizen, and I filed concurrently for adjustment of status (I-130, I-485, I-765) two months ago. If I am laid off while in L1B status and the adjustment of status is pending, what steps are required on my side in order to maintain legal status in US?2. Would I be entitled to unemployment benefits, while the adjustment of status is pending, if I am terminated from a L1B employment position? (I.e. With or without EAD available at the moment when I am laid off)Thank you for your advice
Could you please let me know how I can stay in US on H1 Visa
Could you please let me know how long I can stay in US on H1 Visa whether will be 3 year or 6 Years . following is my scenario.I came in first time in US in Sept 2010 on L1 - Blanket with TCS .L1B Visa Details :Issue Date : 14 APR 2010Expiration Date : 29 MAR 2013PETITIONER : TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICE LTDPlease find the following is my Date of Arrival and departure .Arrival Departure Days Stayed in US VISA STATUS Comments9/11/2010 8/12/2011 335 L1-B11/6/2011 3/23/2012 138 L1-B4/8/2012 5/12/2012 34 L1-B8/8/2012 3/29/2013 233 L1-B3/29/2013 8/17/2013 141 L1 B Ext. Decision PendingI have Withdrawn the L1 B Extension request Sept 4 2013so my TOTAL STAY In L1 B & Extension is around 881 daysThen I went back to INDIA 17 AUGUST 2013After that my employer applied for the H1 B for me - H1 B RECEIPT DATE 16 April 2014 , in very next year after I went back to INDIA 17 Aug 2013.Then I was out of the US , till my H1 B visa got Transferred my recent employer RECEIPT DATE 05 NOV 2015.I came back in US on H1 B 29 Dec 2015 - Till Date = 210 Days.so total us stay on L1 B and H1 = 881 + 210 = 1091 (~ 3 years)So could you please let me know how long I can stay in US on H1 B visa whether it will be 3 years or 6 years .
I need clarification on my visa extension eligibility. I am
I need clarification on my visa extension eligibility. I am on H1-B currently which is expiring end of this month. The original petition of this H1 was approved in 2006 but i traveled to US first time on it in 2007. This H1 got expired in 2009 at the same time i went out of US. I came back to US again during end of 2009 but on L1-B visa and used L1 for about 2 years. Last year, I filed an out of cap (OOC) H1 petition and got approval till July 2016 (this year). Before I travelled to US on H1-OOC, I had stayed in my home country for 2+ years. Some people suggest me that my H1 status should get reset now as I have stayed outside US for more than 1 year and i should be eligible to get another 6 years extension instead of maxing out (which will happen by end of this year if i count all days of stay in US so far on either H1 or L1). But some other people say that one petition if i have reached the max days (or 6 years), I will have to leave US and stay out for atleast an year. I am not clear on which one will apply. Request someone to please clarify on this dilema?
I am in USA since 2011. Initially come on L1B and converted
Hi, I am in USA since 2011. Initially come on L1B and converted on H1B Visa in 2013. I did not go to home country India since 2011. Currently , planning to visit India but there is big waiting for Visa stamping. Can i do visa stamping in Mexico?
My L1 visa and I 94 expire in August. My wife is currently
My L1 visa and I 94 expire in August. My wife is currently on L2 and has an EAD, both of which expire in August as well. My employer will file for an extension soon. If we do it under non premium processing, and do not get a response until I 94 expiry, I have the following questions -1) Can we both work legally till we get a decision? My wife's EAD will expire in August as I said.2) If we get a denial 4 months down the line, will the time spent beyong I94 expiration be considered illegal?
I am working under an L1B visa and fear I will be terminated
I am working under an L1B visa and fear I will be terminated sometime soon. I am in the midst of my Green Card procedure, my I-140 was recently approved and I am currently only waiting for the adjustment of status (i-148). Can you advise whether with the i140 approved, I am able to work for another company in the US with a similar job title?
I am currently on L1- visa type - Blanket Petition (Visa
Hi,I am currently on L1-B visa type - Blanket Petition (Visa stamping issue date 15 Jul 2013 and expiration date is 11 Jul 2016). I was outside the US on a business visit for last 3 weeks and my company was planning to file an extension of my L1-B along with my wife's L2 petition once I returned to US.It so happened that When I reentered US yesterday, I was given an I-94 date as 17 Jul 2019 with my old I-129 receipt number mentioned below the I94 stamp. When I reached out to my company they confirmed that I can legally stay until Sep 2018 until my 5 years validity of L1-B visa without an extension (even though I have new I94 until 2019) and that an L2 extension (I-539) has to be filed for my wife now to extend her status.I-539 questions:---------------I have few questions regarding "Part 3. Processing information" on form I-539 (L2 extension for my wife).1.a -> I/We request that my/our current or requested status be extended until (mm/dd/yyyy) -> Does it need to be two years from now since an extension is theoretically only provided for 2 years (with L1-B valid only for 5 years in total)?2.a -> Is this application based on an extension or change of status already granted to your spouse, child or parent? -> Should I mark 'YES' here since I (L1 applicant) got an extended I94 ?2.b -> If 'Yes' provide USICS Receipt Number -> Should I just provide the same receipt number that was mentioned in my passport under my new I94 that was issued yesterday (same one which was issued on the visa stamp as well in 2013)?EAD question:-------------Also, my wife has an EAD which is valid until 11 July 2016 and I need to file an extension for the same.Is it advisable to wait until I have a receipt for the L2 extension of status (I-539) to be filed (or) is there a way to file her EAD extension/application together?Please clarify.Thanks.
I have question regarding L1B and L1A visa. If someone on
For Guillermo only,I have question regarding L1B and L1A visa.If someone on L1B or L1A visa has got his/her I-140 approved,then can they request for extension of stay beyond their maxout limit (which for L1B - 5 years and for L1A - 7 years)?
I am on L1 A now and my petition is expiring on the 15th ofView more immigration law questions
Hi,I am on L1 A now and my petition is expiring on the 15th of July this year. I have already applied for extension, however did not get a result till now. I basically have two questions:1) Incase I do not hear back on the result, can I continue my stay here in US or will I need to return? If I can continue my stay here till I get a result, is there a max duration defined. Something like, if I don't get a result within 180 days of my petition expiry date (I94 has same date), I need to leave US or something of that nature?2) Say, I don't get my result by the 15th of July and on say 20th, I am told that my extension is rejected. Is there a timeline defined on how much days I can stay here post rejection notice? Will that be a case by case basis, or does USCIS give me 5-10 days or more to vacate US.Regards,Sujith