I am in US on L1B Visa with employer A. I also have an
I am in US on L1B Visa with employer A. I also have an approved H1B with employer B. For some reason I lost my approval notice of H1B (I-797 and I-94). But I have a soft copy of I-797. Now I would like to transfer/COS to my H1B. Is it possible without approval notice. Can you please suggest what is the best possible option that I should follow ? Appreciate your help.- Thanks
Question is.. currently my employer saying I am in illegal
Question is.. currently my employer saying I am in illegal status in USA with H1B due to the below situation. There are 2 requests raised on my petition One is amendment on my old petition which is expired on 7/6/2016 . the amendment request approved by USCIS on 8/18/2016 but still VISA is expired right now. the other request is on VISA Extension on my petition which is also approved till 2018. But USCIS approved by extension on 8/16/2016, which is 2 days prior to my VISA extension. due to this my amendment trumping my extension approval and they are asking me to leave India. So I just want to know how long I can stay ( I mean buffer time ) after 8/18
My Dad's Visa expires 11/14/2016. I-94 expires Sep 10. We've
For Judith: My Dad's Visa expires 11/14/2016. I-94 expires Sep 10. We've applied for GC as of 8/23. Will it be okay for him to ignore the I94 expiry date at this time and stay back till he gets an Advanced Parole? Until what date can he stay back like that without an advanced parole?
I came to US with a 10 year tourist visa on 22nd of
Hello,I came to US with a 10 year tourist visa on 22nd of august,2015 and i got 6 months residency permit as a tourist(B2). Then i decided to improve my english speaking skills and applied to an ESL school(3 months later upon arriving to US). As a result of this i applied to change of status from B2 to F1. During application process, USCIS contact me a few times about missing documents caused by school that i applied and everytime USCIS contact me i got documents asked from me and sent it to USCIS except last time when i decided come back to my country, so my stay extended because of this matter. Within this period, my given stay period via I-94 expired(21thFeb,2016) but i left from US to my country on 11th of may,2016 before i notified about the result of my application which was denied because i didn't represent the asked documents last time to USCIS as i mentioned before. I received the notification of denial on 21st june,2016 when i was in my country already. I'm planning to go back to US for on 16th of september. I want to know if my visa still valid or am i going to face a trouble when i arrived to US? Are there any laws about maximum stay time with a tourist visa within a year?
I am on h1b work visa which is expiring in november, I have
HelloJA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?Customer: I am on h1b work visa which is expiring in novemberJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: I have a valid i 140 with my current employerJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: I would like to change my employer , so is it recommended for me to do so as 6 years on my h1b is completed in november
I was on H1b visa until January 2016.... I was on H1b visa
I was on H1b visa until January 2016....I was on H1b visa until January 2016. After that i changed my visa status to F2 visa from H1b. Now i got a job offer from a company.if the company file a cap exempt H1b and change my status from F2 visa to H1b visa now will i get a h1b with a i-94 or no? Should i have to travel outside united states and come back?
This question is for an Immigration Lawyer I am currently on
This question is for an Immigration LawyerHello,I am currently on a B2 visa to the US and my I-94 expires today.I filed for an extension through the I-539 and received a response confirming the receipt of my application and requisite fee. The decision, however is still pending.I was planning to exit the country but was advised by USCIS customer care that I need not exit the country since I filed my application well before the I-94 expiration date.We also found similar information on the USCIS website.https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/C1en.pdfPlz refer Page 3, left column, paragraph titled "What if I file for an extension of stay on time but USCIS doesn%u2019t make a decision before my I%u201394 expires?"I just wanted to confirm / double-check the same information with you as well so that I'm absolutely sure and do not violate any existing US non-immigrant visa laws / policies.Regards,Dipti
I am on L2 visa and my spouse is in L1B visa (Visa valid
FOR JudithHi,I am on L2 visa and my spouse is in L1B visa (Visa valid till Oct 2018). My spouse's company applied for a H1B visa too and his petition got approved under COS with a new I94. But now I got a job (on L2 EAD) and we prefer to maintain L1B visa.As advised by you earlier, my husband would travel out of US and re-enter on L1B visa on Oct 2nd, to avoid automatic H1B COS.If my husband leaves US on Sep 29 an return on Oct 2, I think I and my Child would go out of status for 2 days(Sep 30th & Oct1st).Now my questions are,1) why is this considered Out of status and not seen as simple vacation of Primary visa holder2) If this is Out of status: what would be the consequences of going out of status.a) Will it impact my job secured and work authorization using L2, with EAD (Do I have to inform my employer of this?)b) will it impact my next visa stamping or GC process.Please explain.Thanks!