Living in Hong Kong with my wife who is a US Citizen (by
Hi. I am British, living in Hong Kong with my wife who is a US Citizen (by birth).I do not have a green card (we got married just over 1 year ago).We are thinking of moving to the USA soon, so I was getting ready to file my Green Card application.However the company I work for is also considering setting up an office in the USA and if they do this they would apply for an L1 visa for me.Given that I am expecting the Green Card process to take around 1 year, would making that application prejudice my L1 application if my company looks to transfer me in the next few months?I don't want to be in the situation where I get an opportunity to move sooner under an L1 with my company, but I cannot because I already have a Green Card application underway. In that case I would rather go under an L1 and then apply for adjustment of status once in the USA.But I can't not file Green Card forever just in case my company transfer does not go ahead.So can you please advise on whether the Green Card application would potentially affect my chances of getting an L1 visa before the Green Card is approved.Thanks
I'm currently us lawful permanent resident since 2011. I
I'm currently us lawful permanent resident since 2011. I want to bring my girlfriend from Guatmala to the united state either to visit or stay here. Im also thinking to marry her if the process would be faster. Last week we had an interview in Guatemala to get her a visiting visa but she was denied. We have to wait 8 months before we can try applying for the visa again. If i marry her now and apply for residency. Will she be approved? and how long will the entire process take?
My I-130 is currently pending for approval. It will be 5
My I-130 is currently pending for approval. It will be 5 months in September 1sr. I want to move out of country temporarily to be with my husband. Do I need to inform USCIS as soon as I leave or do I wait to fill out the affidavit of support once approval of I-130 is received to address the domicile situation. Also how would I go about the continuance of my I-130 if I move abroad temporarily .
Just doing paperwork to file I-130. My wife and I are in
Just doing paperwork to file I-130. My wife and I are in Canada (she is US citizen, I am Canadian). Should she move to US before I file the I-130 or does it even matter? Would she be still considered domiciled in the US if she has maintained a US bank account, US credit card, US drivers license?We have been married 11 years.
I am in India, My GC expired and I had not visited US since
I am in India, My GC expired and I had not visited US since 2002. I was minor when I came to India. Now I am having job and financially stable to go on my own. What are the chances of SB1 visa category success? My brother is a US citizen.
I am a naturalized citizen through birth. I married a
I am a naturalized citizen through birth. I married a Chinese lady in 2010 and since, she has become a U.S. Citizen. Now she wants to bring over her 32 year old daughter, grand daughter (4), and son-in-law (34). What is the simplist way to move them from Nanning, China to Denver, Colorado. Do we fill out the I-130 form for each person or can we bring them over on a single form and payment.JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: noJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: no, they are both in good standings in China and have documents to demonstrate their background.
I am a US citizen since 1993 and I just married my wife 3
I am a US citizen since 1993 and I just married my wife 3 years ago who has been on EAD work permit. After marriage, I had initiated process with a help of an attorney for her green card. We had gotten an interview appointment within 6 months but they had to reschedule.I understand why they had to reschedule. Reason being is I have a felony charges and I am assuming they had discovered that and wanted more detailed info about me. USCIS had given us 8 months to provide all supporting document regarding my felony charges. We had submitted that with the help of attorney at the time. But since submitting the forms, we have not heard back from USCIS for more than a year. No letter. No responses. No nothing.We don't have any attorney anymore but I am curious what step should we take to get this process moving?