I'm a realtor in Kentucky, representing a seller, there is a
I'm a realtor in Kentucky, representing a seller, there is a contract on the home and in other provision section it is stated home sold as is, no repairs and no price reduction. The buyers had a home inspection 8 days ago and just sent over a repair request asking for the tub enclosure and tile in shower be replaced or take a price reduction of $3500. Can they legally do this and if we don't agree, which I said what the contract stated, get out of purchasing the homeJA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: KentuckyJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: I don't understand what your askingJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: No both parties agreed to the contract it is signed and accepted and we are to close in 19 days
I am looking to buy my aunt/uncles house which is in
I am looking to buy my aunt/uncles house which is in Illinois. We were going to do a CFD and then in a few years get a USDA loan. I cannot get a traditional loan due to a divorce at this time. My question is, she is saying she only wants to sell the house for 30000, says the house appraised for about 70k, when she got a home equity loan, which she still owes on for 20k. The property assessment is 56k. She states the basement leaks, which she has gotten an estimate for 15k-20k to get it fixed. Needs a new roof, windows and siding, so she is taking this all into consideration. for the 30k, also since the house next auctioned off for 10k ten years ago. If we go with CFD and since they still have to pay for the home equity payment. I have a down payment of 5000.. Can Medicaid still try to hold off benefits,. Does she need to file for benefits so that they can start the waiting period for my uncle who is not well and she wants him with her as long as possible?JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: ILJA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: no not yetJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I am planning on getting a appraisal and home inspection. Will the home inspection be taken into account if there are issues with the house that need fixed and that why is why she is taking of that amount.
My roommates and I rent the lower level of a duplex. My
My roommates and I rent the lower level of a duplex. My landlord lives above me. A month ago we had a leak and giant cracks in the walls and ceiling in the living room. The walls are still damp and we were told to be patient and wait for it to dry and that the cracks were cosmetic. Days later, one of the bathrooms started bubbling out and my landlord said the grouting in his tub had to be fixed. Nothing was done in regard to the wet walls and when I touched the wall my hand went through it. The landlord refused 2 requests I'd made for a mold inspection and told us to stop using the bathroom so it could dry out. 12 days later after I continued complaining, he brought in a plumber who removed all the drywall and found the wood beams to be drenched and rotted. In the recent days, our other bathroom which shares a common wall with the the bathroom started to bubble out. A plumber is coming today to remove the drywall. After that we will have no bathrooms. AND yesterday, the cracks that we were told were cosmetic gave in with the rain and we have water damage in our living room. The landlord has not helped or offered anything to us. We paid full rent for this month and cannot live here under these circumstances. A roofer came out and said the drainage ducts weren't clean, so someone came to clean them yesterday, but we still have water coming in. We need help and can't get any information. I hope you can help. Thank you.
The home I submitted an offer for on 12/10/16 fell through..
Hi.. the home I submitted an offer for on 12/10/16 fell through.. it was on the market for like the 2nd day when I placed an offer on it.. I had my 5K earnest money deposit in and was going conventional for 30 years at 30% down.. the listing price was 309K but I offered over at 312K.. per my friend/agent.. I paid for pest and home inspection to find there was like 7-10K in home repairs including termite.. listing agent took awhile to come back with counter offer..because I felt seller should pay for repairs.. my agent finally said she would submit a Seller to Perform on 12/31.. I was to close on 1/12/17.. the offer came back that they would only credit me $1500.. that was not including me having to convert the play room back to a 2 car garage.. Now the house is back on the market for 315K. I felt like I was used by the listing agent and sellers just to get there feelers out there on what needed to be done to the house since it is value has increased by 6K to 315K ..is that legal?JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?Customer: CaliforniaJA: Has any paperwork been filed?Customer: Northern CAJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I had a friend who is a new agent this last year help me and I felt she was not good with communication and immediately expected me to pay for all repairs.. she would say "you want them to pay for everything".. I am single and it would have been my first house
Contract for Deed in Iowa to purchaser property. Dispute
Contract for Deed in Iowa to purchaser property. Dispute that even though purchaser accepted property in AS-IS condition under contract that purchaser claims they did not receive a disclosure about a defect in the foundation that was behind a wall and refuses to make further payments under the contract, but also refuses to release possession to Seller until Seller either refunds all payments made under the contract or pays for the repair.Is an action to terminate the contract due to non-payment likely to be successful, or can the foundation defect dispute drag out the action? What is likely to happen in this scenario if seller refuses to meet demands of a full refund or to pay for the repair? What is likely to happen if purchaser simply does not make payments and does not begin any actual legal action? Can the contract fail and does the purchaser have a right to demand rent if contract fails?
I recently purchased a home in cedar bluff va, everything
I recently purchased a home in cedar bluff va, everything seemed okay the sell went through and I'm now occupieing the home.. I keep finding major things wrong the biggest is the floor is rotted under one of the showers and leaking water, the seller more than likely knew about the things I've found and I am a young first time home buyer and know I have gotten the shaft.. I talked to an old va home inspector who's says I can still make him fix the problems or take back the home I was wondering if there was any truth to this and if so what should be my first step
Two years ago I purchased a new home and hired an inspector.
Two years ago I purchased a new home and hired an inspector. After some recent remodeling our contractor came across issues and suggested we hired an engineer. The engineer found that the wall under a major beam had crumbled and was basically sitting on dirt in the crawl space. This was immediately noticeable to our contractor and engineer, both do not understand how an inspector could have missed this major flaw. This will potentially be $15,000 in repairs. The inspectors contract states that he is only liable for 1 year. Would that hold up in court?Thank you!
We had a home inspection contingency clause on our contract
We had a home inspection contingency clause on our contract and after the inspection we found a lot of things wrong with the house we had made an offer on and it would cost us about another 10,000 - 15,000 to fox all the issues so we have a list of action items we felt the seller should fix before we closed on the house. He only agreed to fix a minimum amount of these issues so we refused to go further and wanted our earnest money to be released from the title company, the seller released us from the contract but asked for the earnest money because of his due diligence in making some repairs and his time. He also said that he had a contractor look at the home inspection and there were no major defects in home preventing us from closing so he is asking for this earnest money.