Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent pediatrics questions
My 9 months old does not have fever any more. (After 3 days)
My 9 months old does not have fever any more. (After 3 days) but I noticed she developed a rush. It's somewhat faint mostly on her belly and back. What is it? Is this ok? She is happy and active, Drs office is closed right now. Is this ok? Thank you.
.My daughter has been taking Norditroping 0.35mg/day past
.My daughter has been taking Norditroping 0.35mg/day for the past 10 days and she was fine. She has been diagnose with Periodic Fever Syndrom FMF since she was 18 months and she would have recurring fever if it is not controlled by Colchicine medication every day. I just wanted to rule out that her fever 103 deg F and headache is not caused by the Norditropin since she has been taking it for 10 days already without any issue. Would it be a delayed reaction to Norditropin as I know there are side effects of taking HGH. Appreciate your expert advice.
My 5 year old daughter had a high fever of 101 to 103 Sunday
My 5 year old daughter had a high fever of 101 to 103 Sunday and Monday and she barely made it off the couch both days. Tuesday the fever was a mild 99 to 100 but she on and off complained of her neck hurting and the top of her head hurting (like a headache). In the late morning Tuesday after I gave her Tylenol around 10:00am she started to feel much better and was outside playing and feeling great all day and fever was gone. Tuesday night the headache type feeling came back and she went to bed. This morning she awoke with her neck/top of head hurting again and is feeling very run down, tired feeling, and just not at all like herself. She has no other symptoms. Could this possibly be Lyme? Should I just wait it out another day or so?
Pretty sure my 3 year old has rosiola. His sister had it
Pretty sure my 3 year old has rosiola. His sister had it last week. He had a 102 fever yesterday and the rash is here today. We gave him Tylenol to break the low grade fever he had tonight. He is complaining the rash hurts tonight. What can we do for that?
My husband and I have had a upper respiratory infection (cold
my husband and I have had a upper respiratory infection (cold or flu) He got sick Mondayand I got it Wednesday. Our symptoms are cough, sneezing, congestion in head, headache,and aches. On the third day i had a fever of 99 and have had it for a couple of days.Most of our symptoms are better expect for head congestion and 99 fever for me.My question is cold or flu and how long can the 99 temp go on?
My child is having fever 12th day today. - First four
My child is having fever for the 12th day today.- First four days - fever of around 37.x Celcius.- Then three days after that - high fever of around 39.x Celcius.- Then one day fever was all gone.- Then three days until now - low fever of around 37.x Celcius.* Other symptoms - coughs , with phlegm sound.She has had some green discharge from her eyes for like 4 days (no itchy or painful eye), but now gone. She has had some blocked nose too, but now gone.Her cough is slightly improving, but phlegm seems more in the windpipe now.Shall I be concerned? Or are things improving (except the phlegm seems more?)Thanks in advance.
My son received a shot of rosephin yesterday earView more pediatrics questions
My son received a shot of rosephin yesterday for an ear infection. They gave the shot because on the initial course of antibiotics, he got a rash. They think the rash may be unrelated because his cousin at daycare has roseola last week and he had a very high fever over the weekend. Just in case, they decided to discontinue the augmentin and give the shot of rosephin. They want him back this evening and tomorrow evening for two more doses. Once I got home and started researching Rosephin, it became obvious that hemolytic anemia is seem at a higher rate with rosephin than other medication. I am very reluctant to let them give the next two doses because I am terrified of something happening to him because of an immune mediated response to the medicine. I also see colitis is somewhat prevelant in relation to other antibiotics.I have an appointment with his pediatrician at 340, but honestly am very anxious and concerned about what to do. I know in the past 1 injection of Rosephin was considered sufficient but now it seems that more doctors are using it off label at the 3 doses over 3 days that our doctor is pursuing. If we chose to not give the next two doses what would be the risk in regards ***** ***** infection? I know bacteria resistance is a concern and if I could go back I wouldn't let them give the first dose, but I cant do that.Sorry for rambling, I am just very concerned.William