I am 19 years old joining the military, finally starting my
I am 19 years old joining the military, finally starting my life together and finally making my own money. Ever since I've started to make my own money my mom would ask for money for some other reason. She would for to take my little sister out, to help out my grandma, to help get food, etc. So I give her about 200-500 but I have a feeling that she might be lying. She loves to gamble, I would say she's addicted to gambling. One time I've found out that she would lie to me about what she need the money for and she would use my money for something else but sometimes she does keep her words. My question is should I keep giving her money whenever she asks? Should I trust her words? I've been giving her money trusting her words, I couldn't say no and not help for my grandma or any other important situations. What should I do?
Complex question, complex case. ILLINOIS Here goes. Though
Complex question, complex case. ILLINOISHere goes.Though this occurs in Family Court (Parentage Case in Chicago), the central issue is conflict of interests/disqualification of opposing firm.Facts:My daughters are 22 and 23, and I have been in litigation for the last 6 years in Chicago with my ex (ex-girlfriend) which has a horribly inefficient system for some 60 appearances. She has a severe personality disorder, and has hired and fired 5 different law firms, all citing irreconcilable differences, each new one needing several months to catch up. She has filed 7 Emergency Petitions to Delay final hearing over the last 5 years. I have not filed one. The issues are regarding essentially 4 petitions to adjudicate modification of child support when my daughter turned 18 (which I filed 6 years ago and still never adjudicated), splitting of private tuition, filed Rule to Show Causes claiming I didn't contribute half of extracurricular and medical expenses. In Spring of last year, she hired her latest firm, who immediately filed to delay yet again and filed for Interrim Fees of 15,000. I was infuriated as she had fired her last set of attorneys after receiving pretrial recommendations from the judge at the Fourth scheduled "Final Hearing on all issues", delaying once again a final outcome. In fall of 2014, me begging for years for hearing, we started hearing the issues sporadically. I am Pro Se. Pretty much 80% of the case or better has been heard. The last one is Medical, which is a bit complicated, but this case is almost done. And I don't think I fare badly on the outcome on the numbers. ENTER THE NEW ISSUE. I've come to find out recently that my former attorney whom I retained on our initial 6 year litigation blitz from 1999-2006 (until a Parenting Agreement and Financial Order was put in place) is Principle in the opposing law firm as of mid April, 2014. The firm has 12 lawyers, 4 are principles. My opposing council is a Partner as of recent. They have never notified me. And have been completely unscrupulous in their litigation (eg, removing an accounting document from their pleading that showed I paid 6,000 to child support for a period they claimed none was received, while arguing Contempt, purge, and asking for attorney fees). Today I went before the judge and informed him. He simply said, I'll give you until tomorrow to decide if you are proceeding on this hearing (we are almost done, 1 day might finish it) in which case you will sign a waiver to exonerate them from past and forward, or that you will be filing a motion to disqualify them. He seemed to insinuate that I cannot disqualify them for the coming last hearing only (Medical), that it would be all (retroactive) or none. I am at a loss as to if this means, that by winning the disqualification, that the whole thing (several hearings the last 8 months, and 6 years waiting to get there with the State threatening me on child support that is falsely accounted) will get thrown out for a redo? This seems highly punitive of me, when the law firm should be the one sanctioned. I've spoken to a several attorneys, a couple who thought such a motion might disqualify them further, but might not prevent them from getting fees. The others seemed quite certain they could collect, that the standard is high, citing a case law in one instance that wiped out attorney fees just for a consultation with opposition, not even retained. This firm has ran up huge legal fees, and are hoping I pay them. The judge, though he's heard most all the pleadings, has ruled on none of them (including Interrim fee petition). I think he was waiting to see who was at fault in all this mess. I am interested obviously in wiping out the chance of them getting any fees from me vs. this filing for disqualification based on conflict of interests, but if it will mean starting over, I don't know that I can do that. Seems strange to me that instead they would not throw them off the case, disgorge the fees, and just set a final date on Medical with a new attorney. If I have to redo the case, there will be attorney costs again, time, stress, etc, . One attorney suggests I file it, and that if the judge says he's going to rule to throw the whole thing out for a redo with another judge (he's sick of this case), to then just withdraw it, saying, if ur going to do that Your Honor, I'll sign the waiver and finish. Right now I know that law firm is sweating this situation---they wouldn't be able to collect fees from me nor their client I believe. So I am in a good negotiating position, but not really because my ex won't settle anything. I have a tough decision. Most of it is really financial. What's my best play and why?
I filed a protective order against my then bf and now i want
I filed a protective order against my then bf and now i want us to get back together. Ive been going to counseling, my kids are going, hes been going to couseling and abuse classes. I dont want our whole lives to be ruined over this one thing. We have been together 3 years. How hard is it to get the protective order dropped? And will that cause someone to try to take my kidsJA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?Customer: OklahomaJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: No. I was talking to my therapist. We havent had any contact since december. She said i need to try to do it legally bc he did get a 2 yr deferred misdeamnor and 52 week of class.JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: No. Hes done everything that hes suppose to. I have too. But we still care about each other and it was one time. I just dont want to lose my kids.JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
My ex-spouse refuses to provide any medical information
My ex-spouse refuses to provide any medical information (names of Doctors, insurance information, medical information, etc...) regarding our child. It is one of the several actions of attempted alienation between me and our child. My question is this - what information do I need to take to the medical facility where I know my child attends to request a copy of the medical records? (e.g. Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree that states joint custody with full access to all medical records, etc...) Or, what other advice do you have for me to obtain this information. Please do not suggest going back to court - I am out of funds and the court does not seem to take much interest in addressing acts of alienation.