When filing a Rule 59/60 motion subsequent to a final
When filing a Rule 59/60 motion subsequent to a final judgment, is the motion to be filed with a notarized verification or affidavit of truth? Or file without notarization sufficient? Thank you for your assistance.
I just received a summons from the court. this was initiated
I just received a summons from the court. this was initiated by a credit card companyJA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?Customer: New MexicoJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: the issue is dated from the 25 of JanuaryJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I plan on filling for bankruptcy in a few weeks
I recently was served by the Sheriff a judgement for a
Hello,I recently was served by the Sheriff a judgement for a credit card I had back in 2008, in Wilmington NC. The judgement was rendered against you for creditor Barclay Bank of Delaware, notice of right to have exemptions designated, pay money over to the judgement creditor.It appears the judgement was filled in 2011. The filling was in Wilmington NC, I live in Raleigh NC, which is in a different county. I am self-employed and was not married when the judgment was filled. We moved 2 years ago and since the move, my income has significantly changed seeing as my business was in Wilmington NC, not Raleigh, NC. My wife has a decent job and is the main provider for the family currently. I have a business account which she is not on and we have a new joint account and she has her own banking account in which her paycheck is deposited.My question is:What rights do I have, should I get a lawyer in my current county or in the county the judgement was served?Do they have to fill in my current county, although we still have a home that we are trying to sell in Wilmington, NC, where the judgement was filled.?Being self-employed and having little income at this time I do not have the amount they are requesting me to pay. Will they be able to go after my wife's assets or paycheck?Thank you for your help in advance.Regards,Ken
My father filed a small claims case against a (water
my father filed a small claims case against a PUD (water district) for damage and repairs caused by their pipes on an adjoinging property being broken. He reported the leakage multiple time, after 5 years they finally came out and dug around and found the leak and fixed it. My father filed small claims court claim for $1900 for his costs to drain (created new drain field to no avail) and the judge dismissed the case for lack of evidence. The PUD representative told the court the PUD pipe break was the cause and my father testified to the cost and the efforts he made to fix and to get the problem fixed by the PUD. What can we do now?JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge?Customer: WAshington stateJA: Has anything been filed or reported?Customer: the case was filed with the Shelton, WA district courtJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: no
I filed a claim against two defendants, one was difficult to
I filed a claim against two defendants, one was difficult to serve and I got two different trial dates for each. I filed a motion to postpone to enable the second defendant served. In the process two trial dates appeared again while I tried to exploit all methods of serving allowed. The trial was presented to the court on the earlier date that I missed (was absent in court) and the case was dismissed. Can I appeal the dismissal as in a normal court ruling when I were in court for the ruling?
4 years ago, I bought a Motorhome from a man in Phoenix
4 years ago, I bought a Motorhome from a young man in Phoenix Oregon for $3900.00 and I made payments to him for less than 6 months and paid it off, but I never got the title to the motorhome. after I paid off the Motorhome I moved away and the motorhome was stolen. after that I went to the DMV to see about getting a lost title to find out that the young man I bought it from never put the Motorhome in his name either and that it was still in his grand fathers name. I never did get around to putting the Motorhome into my name and as of today it is still in his grand fathers name. Now in the meantime 2 yyears ago the young man got into trouble and needed money and since I paid him cash and I lived up the road from where he used to live, he sued me in court to put a lien on my home property saying I never paid him. I could not make it to court because I was stuck in a snow storm and could not make it over the mountain 4 hours away to the court house so I called that morning to see if judge would let me do court over the phone, but the judge never did get on the phone with me so I lost the case because I was not there. Now here I am selling my home and there is a lien on it and I am wondering since the kid doesn't have the title in his name can this lien be tossed out since he really couldn't have sued me since he is not the owner of the Motorhome that he sold to me?? I am just wondering if there is any recourse?? Let me know what you think I should do ?
In California, how long do I have to appeal (motion to
In California, how long do I have to appeal (motion to vacate or reconsider) in an unlawful detainer case where landlord won a Motion for Summary Judgement. I requested an Ex Parte hearing for extension of time to file Opposition to Summary Judgement but was given same date and time as hearing for Summary Judgement, told by clerk (in email) wrongly (?) that judge wouldn't accept written opposition day before hearing and was not allowed to orally present all information I had with me written.
I am a landlord in the state of Florida..I am in the process
I am a landlord in the state of Florida..I am in the process of getting to the writ of possession against one of my tenants who owes me 3 months of rent due. My question isonce I get the writ of possession, how long is it good for before I call the sheriffs office & have them meet me at my rental unit to escort tenants & their stuff out to the street.?This is because I am working with them to see if they can come up with some money before they are forced to move out.