I would like to get a third opinion in regards to my recent
Hi, I would like to get a third opinion in regards ***** ***** recent visits to infertility clinics. I am 34 and I have decided to freeze my eggs. Last month I went to a specialist and did some blood work and vaginal ultrasound. My FSH and testosterone were normal, meanwhile my progesterone was 343 and AMH was 19.4!! According to my blood work I was also pre-diabetic (5.8) and my younger sister has been a PCOS patient since puberty. Doctor said she saw 12 antral follicles on each side of my ovary, so she diagnosed me as PCOS. However I do believe that I have to meet 2 out of 3 criteria to be diagnosed as PCOS. I do get my period every month, and it usually happens every 34-36 day. I do not have extra hair or acne, but I am slightly overweight (BMI 25). Doctor said it is good that my AMH is high, because that means I will have good response to the fertility medication, but that also put me on a high risk for OHSS. Her protocols were to put me on medication for 2 days and using both Ovidrel and Lupron as trigger shots. I am concern about OHSS, so I decided to get a second opinion.Yesterday I went to see another doctor, let's call her Doctor B and the first one Doctor A. :) I told her that I was diagnosed with PCOS and am concern about whether or not I should consider egg freezing. I showed her my test results and told her about my history. Based on what I told her, she did not think I have PCOS even though I have high AMH. She said normal menstrual cycles are between 28-35 days, so I still fall into the normal range. She also believed that my antral follicle counts were much more than 24 since my AMH was so high, so she performed another vaginal ultrasound on me. This time she found about 50 antral follicles in my ovaries!! But she still doesn't think I have PCOS because the types of follicles are not in the outer layer of the ovaries. She said I just have a very robust ovarian reserve, which is great for egg freezing. She did a blood test again to reconfirm my AMH and progesterone level. When I asked Doctor B if there was any way to prevent OHSS, she said yes. She said trigger shot comes very important in this matter, and she would suggest Doctor A to only use Lupron, and lower the dosages daily for a period of ten days instead of doing two days of higher dosage shots along with both Ovidrel and Lupron as triggers which Doctor A is planning to give me.I honestly don't know which doctor to trust now, they both seem to have very different opinions on both my diagnoses and protocols. Based on the information given, do you think I have PCOS? Can a woman at my age have high ovarian reserve but not PCOS? Will antral follicle amounts multiply that much in a month of time? What is your opinion about fertility meds in my case? When considering egg freezing, what matter the most? If I have as many as 50 antral follicles, will I be able to stimulate and retrieve them all or that is a bad idea?
My wife is undergoing ivf treatment. She is schedule to have
My wife is undergoing ivf treatment. She is schedule to have embryo implantation tomorrow. But either has strong cold or mild flu. Should we delay this procedure because it may affect chances of her getting pregnant or even more importantly have unforseen effects on the fetus. Would like to see links to some research on this topic.
Just need an opinion please. If my AMH is 3.0 pmol/L and my
Just need an opinion please. If my AMH is 3.0 pmol/L and my FSH is still under 10, is it worth trying for an IVF one more tie? I'm 43 and I have tried for two IVFs already, both failed at the implantation stage. I had 2 embryos transferred each time, last time they were defined as good quality (8 cell and 5 cell). Thank you.
I need to know after the embryo transfer procedure in an IVF
Hello, I need to know after the embryo transfer procedure in an IVF treatment, is constant continuous pain an indicator of a failed implantation? I always have pain after the ovulation normally, so wondering if the implantation was successful, then probably the pain should not be there anymore? Thank you.
Director Women's Health
I have a question please, in an IVF treatment with two
Hi there, I have a question please, in an IVF treatment with two embryos transferred in day 3 (marked as good quality embryos of 5 cell and 8 cell respectively) what could be some causes of failure to implant, generally speaking? Uterus lining was very good, all other tests very good. Thank you.
I'm 5 weeks and 2 days into pregnancy after a frozen embryo
I'm 5 weeks and 2 days into pregnancy after a frozen embryo transfer. Everything seemed to be going fine - beta hcg was increasing and had symptoms of pregnancy. Then Wednesday night - when I was 5 weeks and had just had my second beta and was told all was good earlier that day- I experienced bad cramping and bright red bleeding, including a clot. Went for an internal ultrasound on Thursday morning and the gestational sac was still present and we could even see the yolk sac. I was told it was a threatened miscarriage but at this point it was possible it was still fine.The cramping has stopped and the bleeding has changed to just brownish discharge (still with some small clots). I have another ultrasound scheduled for next week. What is the chance that this pregnancy is still viable?
We have frozen embryos to be implanted into a surrogate.
We have frozen embryos to be implanted into a surrogate. Once we find a surrogate, what is the procedure that she has to go through to implant one of the frozen embryos into her? Is it done surgically or as simple insertion? Does she need any hormone treatments or medications to increase the chances of the embryo taking? Does she need any blood tests to find out when is the best time to implant the embryo?
Board Certified Physician
I had two miscarriages -- first one in Jul 2014 and
Hello,I had two miscarriages -- first one in Jul 2014 and second one in Nov 2014. After these miscarriages I started taking infertility treatment (IVF / PGD).As part of the tests that I was asked to take -- I was diagnosed with elevated Cardiolipin levels in Jan 2015 and my fertility specialist asked me to repeat the test. A repeat test done in Feb 2015 did confirm a diagnosis of ‘Anti-phospholipid antibody' syndrome.My fertility specialist suggested taking Lovenox for at least the first three months of pregnancy. This instruction was given in 2015. However the FET transfer that I did in 2015 failed, and I never got pregnant in 2015.Recently, I had a 5 day blastocyst transferred (FET) on April 1st 2016. The bHCG blood tests done on April 11th and April 13th have confirmed my pregnancy. I am currently 4 weeks 3 days pregnant. I reminded my clinic regarding high Cardiolipin levels and the nurse has advised me to take Lovenox injection daily starting tonight.Does this sound ok to you? Is it safe to start Lovenox now?Also, would the blood test taken last year would be considered valid, or do I have to repeat the blood test before taking Lovenox.Do you have any other thoughts around this?Thanks.
I had a day 5 blastocyst embryo transfer four days ago. Due
Hi Dr,I had a day 5 blastocyst embryo transfer four days ago. Due to the anxiety of this transfer working I have had a very hard time sleeping at night. Because I have been so desperate to sleep, in the last four days I have taken 1 Valium (5mg) and also a 3mg melatonin tablet as well as a couple of paracetamol. I'm starting to worry now that the medication I have taken over the last few nights may impact negatively on the embryo implanting? Is that something to worry about?