Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent immigration law questions
Again, This question will be related to our previous
FOR JAMESHello James again,This question will be related to our previous situation/question and your answer in the previous post. From your advice as we understood the most appropriate and safest way is to apply for F2 visa (since I have a valid F1 status with lawful renewal, up to December 2017 and even December 2018) for my wife first and then to apply for AOS together by law (DV-2017 selectee status and the case number ***** *****). Now here we have the next question to you as I mentioned before. Here are detailed question:Part 1.a) If you remember from my previous detailed post: I have a PhD scholarship in the range of $19.600-$20.000. Then, how much money do we have to reserve/save additionally for my wife's life spend in order to satisfy F2 status requirements or the amount of money based on my scholarship will be enough?b) If we have to reserve/save some amount of money for her life, which bank account (mine in US or her in Russia) will be better in order to show financial documents to the US consular officer?Part 2.a) Will it be appropriate and safe by time and chances to apply for F1 and F2 visa together somewhere in November-December 2016 being in Russia (I am going to apply as well with her since I was going to visit my home country) and then apply for AOS (based on DV-2017 selected status) being in US after receiving F1 and F2 visas? Or will it be much better to get her F2 visa as soon as possible before September 2016 even if mine and her obtained I-20 dependent is valid until December 2016 (the updated I-20 for the next year up to December 2017 will be available in October-November, 2016).b) If she will fail with her F2 visa obtaining, does she have enough time to apply her documents for DV-2017 visa (for US entrance) somewhere in January-March 2017 with the her case number *****? The reason we are asking this question because we heard that the documents for DV-2017 should be prepared and sent as soon as possible since there are limited number of DV-2017 entrance visas available.Part 3.If we got F1 and F2 visas and then applying for AOS by DV-2017 being in US how much we have to wait for the consideration of our documents and finally for DV-2017 Green Card obtaining?Thank you again for your very professional assistance.Best Regards,N&A
3 weeks ago I filed my I765 renewal application (work permit).
3 weeks ago I filed my I765 renewal application (work permit). Under a17 as I am on an E3D visa. Yesterday I received the confirmation that USCIS was processing my application. Last week, I won the DV lottery so filed a DS260 on Sunday. I haven't paid the admin fee, I am waiting until later in the year to ensure my lottery number is ***** I haven't sent in the AOS pack to USCIS either as I need to wait for my number to become current. Will I have any issues having my work permit approved? Should I pull out the application now?
J. Senmartin Esq. Jennifer (U.S. Citizen) petitioned
FOR Guillermo J. Senmartin Esq.Jennifer (U.S. Citizen) petitioned her husband (Juan) early last year, then got his I-130 denied due to incorrect information inputted into the I-130, which led to Juan coming before an immigration judge; and there it was declared that Juan had a previous case of domestic violence with his ex-wife. Then, an immigration judge in lieu of deportation has granted Juan voluntary departure. On April 5, 2016 Juan appeared in person at U.S. Embassy/DHS Office to verify departure and terminate case with immigration court. What can Jennifer do for Juan? Juan is in Guatemala, that's where Juan is from.
We just got selected proceeding forView more immigration law questions
Hi,We just got selected for further proceeding for DV2017.Two questions:1. If we get the green card do I have to accept it? what are the implications if we decide in the end not to do that move?2. During the process, can I apply for a different visa: L1 or B1/B2?Best,David