My dog Molly seems to have a sensitive tummy. She vomits
Hello. My dog Molly seems to have a sensitive tummy. She vomits occasionally in the morning when she's gone too long without food. She did vomit once about 3 days ago but ate normally. She has had loose stool on and off for the last couple of days. I gave her Kaolin (from last vet visit) pumpkin, nonfat plain yogurt, and bland diet. Her stool was normal yesterday with minimal mucus noted. Today, I added fish oil liquid to her food because of her dry skin. Well, now she's pooped and there was quite a bit of mucus again. I gave her dose of the Kaolin-pectin. I did not need to give her the Kaolin at all yesterday. I took her to the vet about 2 months ago with same issue. Stool sample was negative, antibiotic and Kaolin prescribed. It cleared up within a few days. My question is could it be the fish oil that your upset her tummy? Is giving Kaolin okay since that was what the vet instructed last time? Should I continue to feed her?Kathleen
My 2 year old shepherd mix is having hair loss and flaky dry
My 2 year old shepherd mix is having hair loss and flaky dry skin on back and hind end area and tail. He is scratching and biting constantly.. He is on heart and flea pill, found no fleas. Have bathed him once a week for past three weeks and even used Head & Shoulders hoping for relief.I am now including coconut oil at meal time twice a day.Help?!Kristi
I have a 9 month old shiba inu and lately he keeps licking
I have a 9 month old shiba inu and lately he keeps licking his paws and also rubbing his mouth on the ground. I'm not sure if he's allergic to something or it's something he's walking on that is making him itchy. He's constantly licking and biting at his feet. The rest of his body outside his paws and mouth are unaffected. What could this be and how can I treat it?
Small Animal Veterinarian
My luke is a yorkie .he scratches constantly! this week hes
my luke is a yorkie .he scratches constantly! this week hes had 2 baths with shampoos I boght from the vet we go to and still scratching like crazy. he has his flea treatment each month . I know it must be very irritating for him also. what else can I try?do you think its dry skin?im thinking of getting him trimmed up very short.
I have recently purchased a home with a pool. Before then,
Hi! I have recently purchased a home with a pool. Before then, my 5 year old wheaten had never been near water.. now I cannot keep him out! He loves to jump in and play and my 16 year old is in the pool everyday. Is it safe to let Tucker swim everyday? He certainly does love it, but I want to make sure it's safe.Thank you for your time
My dog has some crusty black bumps on his face. Just
My dog has some crusty black bumps on his face. Just happened like last week. I tried to take them off while I was washing him. They looked pinkish after the shower. He doesnt scratch or seem like he is itching. But today I saw a bigger one on his head and I took the dry skin off and the skin imunderneath was really pink like it is bleeding but not quiteJA: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name and age?Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 6JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Latte?Customer: He is a mix poodle and maltese He recently developed lots of issues like his ear had foxtails, his eyes had some small issues and his butt had glance infection. All got treated and now Im saving to treat his hear condition
Veterinary Degree (BVMS)
I just learned tea tree oil, even if applied topically, is
I just learned tea tree oil, even if applied topically, is poisonous to pets. Prior to learning this, I poured some almond oil and some tea tree oil on a cotton pad and applied it to my pup's elbows as she's having skin irritation there. The little that was left, I applied to her feet (tops). Once I discovered this, I washed those areas with water and dish soap, but not until an hour after I'd applied the oils. Should I give her a full bath? Is this small amount still poisonous?