Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help

Recent legal questions

When a lawsuit is filed against a state agency, are the

Hello. When a lawsuit is filed against a state agency, are the individual state employees and elected officials, i.e., governor, named as defendants?

Read more

 
37,590 satisfied customers
I RUN A SMALL 9 HOLE GOLF COURSE THAT IS A NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION.

I RUN A SMALL 9 HOLE GOLF COURSE THAT IS A NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION. WE WOULD LIKE TO SWITCH TO A STOCK HOLDER OWNED FACILITY. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Read more

KJL LAW

Juris Doctorate

 
728 satisfied customers
I'm on overseas investor and I have 2 houses under an LLC,

I'm on overseas investor and I have 2 houses under an LLC, fully owned by me, in Cleveland Ohio. These were bought in 2013 and my local resident agent expired (in 2014) after 1 year, which I was not aware of. When I received the email reminder from local agent to file franchise tax, I checked into their portal last week and realised that there was a court summon to the resident agent in February, which was not attended. How to go about this and fix the issue please?

Read more

Joseph Rizzo

Doctoral Degree

 
26 satisfied customers
Thank you us this opportunity to ask questions.. My husband and I ar

Hello..... Thank you for giving us this opportunity to ask questions.. My husband and I are newly weds....My husband is a retired Navy veteran. Currently holds a PT job to make financial ends meet. He was divorced in the late 90's when his two boys were small. In his divorce decree and child support agreement he agreed to pAy 1000.00 a month. While active duty. The federal government will only alllot 70% of your monthly pay. He provided health care for them at the time as well. The remaining 30%. Was directly transferred from his account to her bank account on a monthly basis not knowing that if it was not processed by the child support office he would not get credit for it. With time he this created him to be in arrears and after the boys reached 18yrs of age, he thought he was done with child support but then was notified he was still in debt $50,000.00. Since retirement he has paid into arrears from his retirement check but in the divorce decree she gives up that right.

Read more

William B. Esq.

Attorney

Doctoral Degree

 
18,522 satisfied customers
A collection agency Department of revenue filed

A collection agency for Indiana Department of revenue filed a levy with my bank.However, they never contacted me prior to doing this. Now the bank is about to disperse the funds 7 days after they received the letter. My understanding is that their has to be a court order first?

Read more

Barrister

Attorney/Landlord/Realtor

Doctoral Degree

 
44,800 satisfied customers
I am in GA.State sent a notice of tax execution letter to me

I am in GA.State sent a notice of tax execution letter to me today valid for issue date April 11th 2016.My credit is perfect and I do not want anything on it. They sent a last notice in September. It says on the letter what will happen if you do nothing. Says The Department will record the state tax execution. So does that mean if I pay this today then they have just initiated and not recorded it yet??

Read more

Maverick

Doctoral Degree

 
5,262 satisfied customers
I am a licensed contractor in good standing. I received an

I am a licensed contractor in good standing. I received an attorneys letter from my credit union who has my second mortgage demanding full payment $51,000 in 30 day's. If the attorney gets a judgement and I can't pay it can he present that to the AZ ROC and persuade them to revoke my license to do work?

Read more

LegalKnowledge

Juris Doctor

 
28,510 satisfied customers
If IRS files a lien against a business account , how can I

If IRS files a lien against a business account , how can I get the lien taken off without paying full balance ( payment plan would work) what is involved in getting something like this done

Read more

Michael Lykken, Esq

Partner

Juris Doctor

 
178 satisfied customers
I have a Notice of Levy, period end date 12/31/03,

I have a Notice of Levy, period end date 12/31/03, Assessment Date 03/28/08 for a total of $14,759.37 from Massachusetts. My address on lien is 11 Payne ton Hill Road, York, Maine 03909 Is there a statue of limitations? I was told 6 years.

Read more

Chris T., JD

Lawyer

Doctoral Degree

 
7,308 satisfied customers
View more legal questions

How JustAnswer Works

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Pay nothing to your Expert if you're not satisfied.

In The News