My dog may have worms and had her first dose of frontal
My dog may have worms and had her first dose of frontal plus. Took it with dinner and vomited about 4.5 hours later. She has emptied her stomach and wants water which makes her throw up more. Should I let her have the water! Are there any serious side effects I should worry about? Also will the dose be effective even though she threw it up? Thanks
My vet is currently on vacation. I desperatly need to talk
Hi.. my vet is currently on vacation. I desperatly need to talk to him, my dog died sunday sept. 18th 2016. She was diagnosed june 13th with thyroid cancer although it wont bring her back I need to get an idea what happened she was eating, drinking, playing going for walks she didn't seem to be in any discomfort. She was laying on the couch trying to get up I went over to comfort her noticed she had peed told her it's ok I will clean you up.about 30 minutes later she armu crawled closer to me on the couch tried to get up yelped and died.I have never been so sad and lonely in my life she was a beautiful happy good girl American Bulldog. She was only 8
We took my 6 year old lab to the vet Friday because he had
We took my 6 year old lab to the vet Friday because he had lost weight and wasn't eating well and was shaking. They gave him an allergy shot and said his teeth needed to be cleaned. We have an appointment scheduled for the cleaning. But as of tonight he is still shaking, labored breathing, urinated in the floor(VERY UNCOMMON), just lays around, he's eating 20 oz of Purina prepared meals, drinking very little water, has excess saliva. He is normally a very active dog. PLEASE HELP!
My 16 year old very active but rather senile miniature
My 16 year old very active but rather senile miniature schnauzer didn't survive his fall into the garden pond last night.We tried to resuscitate him and wondered if we harmed him in any way as this morning while burying him a lot of blood seeped from his mouth... I realised that a lot of I presume water had also seeped out of his mouth too overnight. He had pooed too. Please are you able to tell us why ???
Our German Shepherd died unexpectedly. He was in the care of
Our White German Shepherd died unexpectedly. He was in the care of a Vet/Kennel as we were away for a week. He had no signs of illness when we dropped him- he played, ate, and seemed to be in normal, good shape. A few days after we dropped him off, we got a call from the vet saying that he was not eating and had very bloody stool and also he had blood coming from his nose. We were shocked as he didn't show any prior symptoms. We lost him in less than 24 hours after he first showed signs of something being wrong. The vet doesn't have much idea to what happened. It is also worth noting that he did escape from his kennel a day before the symptoms started (the space he escaped to is mostly enclosed though). We are debating about doing an autopsy, but wonder if you may have any insights into what might have happened. Thank you.
My dog of 81lbs ate 1 or 2 tomcat mouse killer blocks I
My dog of 81lbs ate 1 or 2 tomcat mouse killer green blocks I induced vomiting with peroxide and I saw chunks of green in with his breakfast. Is there anything else I can do since we are on the road from Maine to florida
My precious dog Sandy passed away last night after intense
My precious dog Sandy passed away last night after intense labored breathing. She was 2 months shy of Turing 15. She is a Shepard Eskimo mix and had SARDS along with hearing loss. Other than that the vet we used to take her to said she was healthy and loved. The night she died she was acting strange earlier that evening but then got up and ate dinner. She was laying down and just started to experience labored breathing and wouldn't get up. Shortly after she took her last deep breath and passed. I am devistated and I just need to know what happened to her. The research I've done says it could have been a heart attack but she was so calm and it came out of nowhere.
My dog got into a Claratin blister pack. The best that I can
My dog got into a Claratin blister pack. The best that I can tell is she ate 4 10mg pills. She is approximately 30 pounds. Should I induce vomiting?JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?Customer: CallieJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Callie?Customer: She is a very healthy dog. English Springer Spaniel. 1 year old. Master counter surfer.....
My Westie had a very large hard lump on the right side of
My Westie had a very large hard lump on the right side of his neck show up about a month ago. The vet said he was pretty sure it was a thyroid tumor and nothing but radiation could be done. Once he stopped eating we would need to put him down. He's had a couple of bad days he didn't eat but other days you could tell nothing was ever wrong with him. The lump has suddenly become very spongy feeling instead of hard and feels like there is fluid settled at the bottom part of it. Is this normal for a thyroid tumor? The weight of the lump obviously bothers him and I'm wondering if it could be drained? No biopsy or CT's have been done.JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name?Customer: SnickersJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?Customer: We've noticed when the lump is very hard he seems to have balance issues and acts disoriented but a day later he can be playing in the pool and trotting around