Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help

Recent Common Stock questions

I have a question about 5472 forms, Do I need to file 5472

I have a question about 5472 formsJA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.Customer: Do I need to file 5472 forms if the total transaction amounts are below $2000?JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?Customer: Delaware company with 2 foreign owners with >%25 each.

Read more

taxmanrog

Master's Degree

1,148 satisfied customers
I own several preferred stocks issued by banks. They have

I own several preferred stocks issued by banks. They have dividends around 5%, and the price is very stable...around $25. They are callable at $25 several years from now. I was wondering why a financially sound company would issue preferred stock that obviously is more expensive for them than other available sources? They could issue regular stock at a much reduce yield, for example. Or just borrow money at a lower rate. Should I avoid these investments?

Read more

Lane

JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS

Doctoral Degree

20,550 satisfied customers
How to add goodwill to exisiting c corp, Selling a business

How to add goodwill to exisiting c corpJA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.Customer: Selling a business goodwill but have no cost basis on books from prior accountantJA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?Customer: journal entry

Read more

Mark Taylor

Certified Public Accountant

Masters

3,302 satisfied customers
I have a C Corporation in Texas where I own 51% of stocks.

I have a C Corporation in Texas where I own 51% of stocks. The other 49% are owned by non-resident aliens.I understand that if they have Zero Dividend stocks, they will not have the right to receive any payment if the corporation decides to pay dividends to all stock holders with the common stock.If this is correct, I who owns the other 51% of non Zero Dividend, will be the only that will be receiving any Dividend paymentsIf this is correct, what is the process to convert their common stock they have today to a Zero Dividend stock, and where can I find the forms that will have to be filled during a stockholders meeting where this change of stock type is approved.

Read more

PDtax

Owner

Master's Degree

7,458 satisfied customers
I know that installment sale treatment is severely limited

I know that installment sale treatment is severely limited in cases where the parties are related, though what I have read seems mainly to center on depreciable property. What about the sale of the ownership of a corporation by a father to a son? Can the father accept a promissory note payable over a period of years and treat the sale as an installment sale?

Read more

Lev

Retired

Bachelor's Degree Equivalent

24,398 satisfied customers
The Private Company that I work its PREFERRED stock

The Private Company that I work for sells its PREFERRED stock to investors at $70. They give me an 100 options of common stock for $20, and they say that they have given me the equivalent of $5000 : ( $70-$20)x100I want to know if this is correct because preferred and comon stock cannot be valued the same...?

Read more

Lev

Retired

Bachelor's Degree Equivalent

24,398 satisfied customers
This is a finance questions. How does a PRIVATE company sets

This is a finance questions. How does a PRIVATE company sets a value for its preferred stock when it wants to sell it to investors so that this type of stock represents an equity in the company and at the same time pays a dividend at a certain rate.

Read more

Lane

JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS

Doctoral Degree

20,550 satisfied customers
LLC, 1120S, 1 shareholder. Cash bais Liquidating..A/R of

LLC, 1120S, 1 shareholder. Cash bais Liquidating..A/R of $25k, services company going out of business...Do I subtract that out of sales so I don't have to claim a bad debt on final 1120S that I'll be filing later this year, to see if some comes in, or do I just take the bad debt on the final 1120?

Read more

Lane

JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS

Doctoral Degree

20,550 satisfied customers
Stock certificate from XYZ Corporation (Canada) 500,000,000

Stock certificate from XYZ Corporation (Canada)500,000,000 shares common stockPar value $0.0001Stockholder has 3,333 shares of Common Stock transferableHow much is the share or stock certificate worth?

Read more

Rakhi Vasavada

Financial / Legal Advisor

Bachelor's Degree

4,152 satisfied customers
View more finance questions
In The News