He had MRI scan done few days ago he is 5 years old cairn
He had MRI scan done few days ago he is 5 years old cairn terrier he is not walking scan shows. There is fluid accomplished on both side of c4 spinal cord area he is on very high dose of gabapentin (450 mg) & prednisolone made him feel drowsy I only giving 100 mg of gabapentin last two days I need advise on this issue. EvelynJA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?Customer: Yes no woundJA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Evelyn?Customer: Sorry my name is ***** ***** want to know is there anything else I can do to help him waik he is trying to walk few steps on his own on the grass after few yards he get wobblyJA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.Customer: Three weeks ago Tiger was playing ball very active dog slowly he found difficult to walk he started to stop after few yards I th it was arthritis also he started to scream at times specially neck area Mir scan shows fswallen area on c4 I am giving medication I am not sure about giving gabapentin I need advise
My dog ran into a closed slider door and knocked himself
My dog ran into a closed slider door and knocked himself almost out. We took him to the vet numerous times and they keep telli g us ear infections. He is now in Florida a new environment with all kinds of new allergens but we want to know if he has a cranial nerve problem?
Std Poodle 4 months old. approx. 40 lbs. Has abcess-either
Std Poodle 4 months old. approx. 40 lbs. Has abcess-either ate a foxtail or has bad tooth. Have three dogs so have antibiotics on hand. Question on dosage and use in puppies. I have 500mg Cephalexin or clynamicin (sp)? Nearest vet 200miles. Started yesterday gradual increase in swelling-not a bite. Regular vet 500 miles away-taking in tomorrow
I have a near 5 year old maltese - 5 lbs. He started having
I have a near 5 year old maltese - 5 lbs. He started having seizures 2 weeks ago - tonic clonic and difficult to get under control. Has needed anesthesia to stop seizures. He is now on Phenobarbitol and Zonisamide. On Sat eve he got into the garbage (the phenobarb has made him a food fanatic). I cannot tell you what he ate or did not eat. Monday went to vet as he was lethargic and "wobbly" when walking. No vomiting or diarrhea. Was eating / drinking some but not normally. Stomach was abnormally enlarged. Feces was normal appearing. Monday dx was an ulcer. He was anemic based on prior labs from initial seizures - near 2 weeks prior. X-ray with nothing prominent. No signs of pancreatitis - liver and kidney functions good. Started him on carafate, pepcid and an anitnausea med that is now gone. Today I thought he was getting better as he was up walking around minimally on his own. This evening he will not walk, won't eat or drink, is lethargic, yips when picked up or moves. Eyes are glossy. Stomach is distended but not as it was on Monday. No panting. Urine appears fine, no stool today
She was attacked by either another dog or animal in her
She was attacked by either another dog or animal in her face. The area is oozing. Can I give duramycin and if so how much?JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?Customer: Pearl and she is 4 months old. She is very tiny. Chihuahua mix.JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pearl?Customer: No. She is up on shots.JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
I have a Carein terrier mix he's about 6 months old and a
I have a Carein terrier mix he's about 6 months old and a rescue from Arizona. I flew down to get him from Colorado may 2nd,, when I got him he had really bad ticks brought him home got them all off washed him treated for them he had a bit of a cough so I took him in to get him looked at they said it could be a lung infection well they gave him antibiotics then he started coughing again after they ran out. Then gave him another dose, well the cough then again came back so they did an MRI of his lungs and they looked good but if it was kennel cough shouldn't it have gone away by now?JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the terrier's name?Customer: OwenJA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Owen?Customer: It is worse at night and in the morning and he tripods he coughs so hardJA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
My dog, a 7yr Lab with about 100 lb that takes Levocrine1.0
My dog, a 7yr Lab with about 100 lb that takes Levocrine1.0 mg did not want to eat yesterday eveniing. he was a little strange, but nothing that could be a warning. I however saw him laying different than normally. Most of the time, normally he lays down with two legs stretched or completely vertical, with the front legs at either side. I didn't see him laying down on his side at all, instead, it looked like a combination of the two styles. This morning, he didn't wake me up as he does every day. I woke up and told him to come for his morning food. He tried to stood up, but it appeared as if he couldn't stand on his legs, in fact, he walked some yards, but laid down again, I could give him with big efforts, 2 dog aspirinsto mitigate any pain he could be having. He was not complaying of any pain. I took him to emergency services. The veterinary inspected him, he let him do and didn't find anything in his mouth, or his temperature. They told me that they needed to make some tests to be able to diagnose the dog. The dog would have to remain 2 days in the hospital, and the cost of the diagnostic would be about $2.000. Well I couldnt pay that much for the diagnostic, so I ended up taking back the dog to my house. It appears that his problem whatever it is is worsening by the minute. When I went to the hospital, he entered the SUV by himself although with some help. When we came back he couldn't do that, I had to enter him in the car. Getting him out of the car was a big problem, he was having pain when I was trying to hold him inmy arms, he even bit me out of pain. It looks that he can't control his entire left side (legs), it is like he has them rigid and can't stand up. his left paw is bent, rigid, and it causes pain to him when I try to straigthten it.I don't know for sure what could have caused this to him. Last week I took him to the Niagara River to swim there. Could he have got a bacteria? Yesterday, when working in the garage, I lost him of sight for a few minutes, I saw him in the porch after such time. There is the possibility that he could have ran out and come back after being hit by a car, but I have not any sign that that could have happen. Other than that, I don't know of anything that could be causing his condition right now. I have him at home resting, and will try to feed him and give him water the best of my ability. Would you have any indication for me?.