Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help
Recent legal questions
I am a international student but I have SSN. I want to ask
I am a international student but I have SSN. I want to ask the process on how to register a small company. I will be needing it because I have to run an online store.what's the process? What's the budget and requirement to register a company?How can I import good from the other country ?I can keep it at my place ?How long the process will take?Plz help me to check all the legal requirements and state that I only need registration because I want to register my brand name and make an online store which will target youth, young students and teenagers.
I am a writer/editor/consultant and live in New Mexico. I currently
I am a writer/editor/consultant and live in New Mexico. I currently have a sole proprietorship. If I were to incorporate, would I reduce personal liability from the debts of the company andfrom legal liabilities of the company such as lawsuits even if I have no employees other than myself?Thank you,Beverley
This is a corporate law question. Scenario: C corporation, 2
This is a corporate law question. Scenario: C corporation, 2 shareholders. One is the majority shareholder owning 51 percent of stock. Business has been ongoing for almost 30 years. Shareholders entered into corporation without any sort of Buy/Sell agreement for death or disability. One shareholder is 70 years old (49%) and the other is 66 years old (51%). The 70 year old has had serious health problems for many years and has gradually ceased working over the past 5 years. However still draws his normal salary, bonus and perks, the same as the 66 year old who works the business and keeps it going. The 66 year old offered many years ago to buy the other partner out. He declined. But, at this point, one is working and the other receiving the same benefits. Is the only option to make some sort of offer to the other? Due to age, the 66 year old no longer wishes to buy out the other one.
I once dealt with a company called Horizons Consulting which
I once dealt with a company called Horizons Consulting which was located in Timber Lake,SD (P.O. Box 436). They were a consolidation loan company which would help you pay off some payday loans. I can't seem to get ahold of them. Their number hasn't been disconnected, but I'll get a recording saying their voicebox is full.(###) ###-####.Occasionally no one will answer or they'll say it's after hours. My husband and I did business with them sometime back (2-3 yrs. ago). It's important that I get in contact with them regarding certain matters. They were represented by a legal firm, but I can't find their information either. I once tried to call them, but no one answered either.I'm wondering if this company went out of business or relocated. I would greatly appreciate it if you could help me find out anything.Linda Borgwald***@******.***210 E. Conron AveDanville,IL 61832(###) ###-####
I live on Tybee Island, GA. I am interested in starting a
I live on Tybee Island, GA. I am interested in starting a charity to increase awareness of alcoholism. Where do I start? I am a businesswoman and entrepreneur, but this is new ground for me. What am I legally required to file? Thanks.
We have a business registered in the state of California as
We have a business registered in the state of California as a C-Corporation. We also formulated an operation/partnership agreement, that included officer roles, share assignment, bylaws etc. However, this agreement was never signed. (I know, stupid)There are now disputes in the company and we are wondering if this agreement is even valid. One partner need to go away but probably would want something out of the company. Until now, there have been no sales. If the agreement has not been signed, is the partnership even valid?
Only lawyers can give legal advice, but non-lawyers can provideView more legal questions
Only lawyers can give legal advice, but non-lawyers can provide legal information.There are many non-lawyers with legal training (for example, law school grads who haven't taken the bar) who are not practicing but would welcome an opportunity to make money by providing legal information.How can non-lawyers legally make money by providing legal information? Do they just need to add a disclaimer that they're not providing advice? Do they need to stick to the facts of law and not venture an opinion? Any perspective on this would be helpful.