This question is for an Immigration Lawyer I am currently on
This question is for an Immigration LawyerHello,I am currently on a B2 visa to the US and my I-94 expires today.I filed for an extension through the I-539 and received a response confirming the receipt of my application and requisite fee. The decision, however is still pending.I was planning to exit the country but was advised by USCIS customer care that I need not exit the country since I filed my application well before the I-94 expiration date.We also found similar information on the USCIS website.https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/C1en.pdfPlz refer Page 3, left column, paragraph titled "What if I file for an extension of stay on time but USCIS doesn%u2019t make a decision before my I%u201394 expires?"I just wanted to confirm / double-check the same information with you as well so that I'm absolutely sure and do not violate any existing US non-immigrant visa laws / policies.Regards,Dipti
I was working for a company A on H1B, company offered me a
I was working for a company A on H1B, company B offered me a job and filed for H1B transfer and got the approval, however this process took about 3 months due to process delay In company B, meanwhile company C offered me a job and got my visa transferred. Now I am with company C.Couple of months back, manager from company B contacted me and offered me a better role to which I agreed. However HR department of company B informed that they had revoked my visa as I did not join in stipulated timeframe.Now they (B) have filed for transfer again. While applying, they filed for client C1 in Miami,FL.Now they have received RFE for employer employee relationship. Meanwhile, I have been asked to work for different project with client C2 in Columbus, IN.Now project manager wants me to join immediately, while my visa application is still in RFE status.I have following questions:1. Can I legally join company B2. RFE was received in regards ***** ***** C1, however they do not have required documents for this client and intend to use client C2 documents instead, will this work3. Is there any additional step required, as my joining location is different than that of application4. Are there chances of denial5. If denied, what are my options
I have an expired C1D,i want to change my status to be
I have an expired C1D,i want to change my status to be permanent.is there anyway i can do it?please im very eager to change my status through legal action.thank youJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: Personally no,but they say (hearsay)that i cant do it.i just to apply just incase there is a new slight modification of immigration law.im struggling person but im going to pay any damages of what i broke and pay to fix it right and legalJA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.Customer: How do i deposit the 5 dollarsJA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.Customer: Im readyJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: I jump ship and eversince what i did is work.since 2008 after two months i found a job until know same company.i dont have a police record or im clean and im sure about that 100 percentJA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Immigration Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
I have my i485 and i130 packet ready to be submitted
I have my i485 and i130 packet ready to be submitted together. I have my medical and everything valid, i have consulted a lawyer who said it is good. I am currently in the country on b-2 visa which runs out July 20.My question is this:After filing my application for AOS, can I accept work on a cruise ship with my c1/d visa whilst my application is processing?I have been offered work for 2 months on a cruise ship starting july 20 for a very attractive salary and I would like to accept the contract, but i face a couple of different scenarios.1. I can take the contract and not file my application, then return to the UK and file it through consular processing, this is the least desirable situation as I would not see my wife for potentially 6 months.2. Can I file the application with form i-131, advanced travel parole, and work on the ship while my application is processing and then return to my wife after the contract has ended to wait for my advanced work permit?Is there any way I can do the contract whilst my application is processing, allowing me to both work on the ship and have USCIS process my application?If so please can you tell me which additional forms to file and any information I will need to do so, such as letters of employment etc?Thankyou for you time,Damien
My wife just got her green card. Social Security told her to
My wife just got her green card. Social Security told her to wait to take my last name until after she got it and they could change after, now they say she needs to start with immigration to change the name on the card. My wife want to use my last name what is the correct first step? We live in Florida.
I'm holder of the C1/D Visa.Living in the united state for
, I'm holder of the C1/D Visa.Living in the united state for almost 16 years .Married to the american citizen and separated now.I'm sushi chef for 16 years and I'm Co Owner of the Sushi Samurais Restaurant for 3 years.So my question is what kind of waiver or any kind of status adjustment can I apply for?Thank you.
I am a U.S. citizen. If my fiancée (Danish citizen) applies
I am a U.S. citizen. If my fiancée (Danish citizen) applies for and is granted a K-1 visa, we marry in the U.S., and she has submitted an application for permanent residency (Green Card), is she allowed to stay and work in U.S. until the decision on the permanent residency application is received? Does she then need to obtain a K-3 visa after marrying (and before obtaining a permanent residency visa) to stay in the U.S.?If I (U.S. citizen) marry a Danish citizen in Denmark, and I sponsor her application for a K-3 visa (which is granted), and she also submits an application for permanent residency (Green Card) in the U.S., is she allowed to stay and work in the U.S. until a decision on the permanent residency application is received?Can a K-1 or K-3 visa be granted before a permanent residency (Green Card) application is submitted? If so, how long does a K-1 or K-3 visa recipient have upon entering the U.S. before they must apply for a permanent residency visa?In the "Obtain a U.S. Work Permit" page, it is written that a person doesn't need to obtain a U.S. work permit if they are authorized to work for a specific employer. What are the details/requirements for the immigrant employee to be "authorized" and an employer to be "specific"?