Join the 9 million people who found a smarter way to get Expert help

Recent dog veterinary questions

My 18# ***** ***** just ate one of my xarelto tablets. What

My 18# ***** ***** just ate one of my xarelto tablets. What should I do?JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if Russell will be able to digest that. How old is Russell?Customer: 9 monthsJA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?Customer: noJA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.

Read more

Dr. Kara

Doctoral Degree

 
22,884 satisfied customers
My dog has a very thick saliva tinged red from his mouth.

My dog has a very thick saliva tinged red from his mouth. He doesn't seem sick, its just this thick saliva hanging from his mouth when I return home. He is eating normally and seems to be energetic.

Read more

Relief Veterinarian

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine

 
1,128 satisfied customers
I have noticed drops of blood dripping from my dogs penis,

I have noticed drops of blood dripping from my dogs penis, is that normal or not?

Read more

Dr. John

Veterinarian

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine

 
10,996 satisfied customers
My dog might have eaten a few 10mg pills of xarelto approx

My dog might have eaten a few 10mg pills of xarelto approx 10 mins ago. His behavior has not changed. He is 2ys old and 55 pounds. What should I do? Watch him?

Read more

Dr. Kara

Doctoral Degree

 
22,884 satisfied customers
We have noticed the last two days that our Pug has been

We have noticed the last two days that our Pug has been turning his head to the side and opening his mouth at the same time as if he is bothered by something. Just now we tried to give him a Dentabone and he couldn't open his mouth. What could be the problem?

Read more

Dwight Alleyne

Veterinary associate

Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine

 
936 satisfied customers
should i switch vets? my dog wasn't able to walk or eat. i

should i switch vets? my dog wasn't able to walk or eat. i bought him in during normal hours(i thought he could wait). I was bought to an exam room and had to wait. Then they sent in someone who was a local student interested in being a vet. She tried to make my dog walk, and of course he wasn't able to. Then I had to wait again. The vet came in and immediately said rat poison (he is a great diagonistician). i saw a little bleeding on his gums- a little line- and thought it was due to eating a tough rawhide) I was in shock. The vet left and i was made to wait again. Finally he came back and suggested clotting studies to start with. I agreed, but the dog died (agonal breathing) when I was at home, awaiting the results. If I knew my wonderful rescue dog- named Gavin- would die, I would have brought him home to die. I just thought if he made it to the vet's alive, he would live. But it was obviously too late. I found rat poison in my yard months later while raking. I like the vet because he is close to my house, but did he do good in this situation? is vet med like er med where triage occurs? i am so upset.

Read more

Dr. Bob

Practice owner

Doctoral Degree

 
8,216 satisfied customers
my dog ate rat poison last night, and I noticed soon after.

my dog ate rat poison last night, and I noticed soon after. I gave her peroxide to throw up. The granules were still in tact. I'm giving her vitamin k. is there something else i should do?

Read more

DrMelJ

Associate Veterinarian

Doctoral Degree

 
1,196 satisfied customers
My rescue medium size dog of unknown age (9 months-1.5 years is the estimate) has a yellow

My rescue medium size dog of unknown age (9 months-1.5 years is the estimate) has a yellow front tooth hanging on by just a thread. It is his front upper left incisor. I read another post that said this is a sign of stage IV periodontal disease. He did have a checkup just a week or 2 ago though, do vets not usually check for such signs? We also got him with a missing canine but there's no history as to what happened with that - he was found as a stray in Tennessee.

Read more

Dr. Kara

Doctoral Degree

 
22,884 satisfied customers
Hi Dr.Gary I have a 10 mo. old Boston Terrier. His gums

Hi Dr.GaryI have a 10 mo. old Boston Terrier. His gums have been bleeding for two days and he has a fever. He's eating not really drinking. I brought to e.r. and my vet. Platelets and all other blood work has come back normal. I am awaiting one more test for clotting issues. When looking in my dogs mouth, the back teeth do not seem to be raised very much. My question is, could my B.T. teeth still be growing in and this is causing the issue?Thanks!Lauren

Read more

Dr. Kara

Doctoral Degree

 
22,884 satisfied customers
View more dog veterinary questions

How JustAnswer Works

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Pay nothing to your Expert if you're not satisfied.

In The News