My girlfriend entered in on a B2 single entry visa, valid
My girlfriend entered in on a B2 single entry visa, valid for 6 months. She has been here for little over one month. She decided after entering, that she may want to apply and go to university in the USA. She is married in Canada, and has ties to her home country. She does not hold a Canadian passport, but an Iran passport.1) Should she first go back to Canada before applying for F1, or is it okay if she applies for a change of status while in the USA?2) I read she should wait 90 days or more before applying for COS to avoid the idea of pre conceived intent - she never intended to go to school before coming to the USA. She made that decision after. Should she wait 90 days before even applying for school and being accept from a school? I heard that any paperwork marked prior to 90 days may show prior intent. I'm not sure if that is correct.3) Would the fact that I am her boyfriend, and she is staying in my house have any affect on her ability to get a student visa? Is it any of the USCIS business that she has a boyfriend? She is separated from her husband.4) She has the financial means (both her self, and from her parents) to show 1 year + in living expenses and tuition. She has ties to her home country as well ( still legally married, though separated).
I recently got off from work and will be on payroll till
I recently got laid off from work and will be on payroll till Sept 15, 2016. My company processes paychecks twice a month 15th and 30/31 of a month.My H1B was valid from June 6, 2016 to June 5, 2019. My i94 is valid up until September 29, 2017.As I barely have time to legitimately look for a transfer of my H1B Visa to another employer what are my options to prolong my stay here? For buying time to round up stuff and to look for jobs.Can I go on a B2 visa? What are the form, documents & fee needed for that and by when do I mail in the application for that - considering September 15 is my last paycheck?And what happens to my H1B? Is it possible to still use that H1B for a profit or nonprofit company post my last working day of September 15, 2016 - if I come on B2 or don't apply for change of status? I had heard I would still be able to use that visa as it has time remaining on it - and it would make me cap exempt - if I applied from India still. Is that correct?If in the meantime I do get married to another H1B worker, what are my options for staying in the country? And working on my spouse's H1B as a H4?And what if I got married to a citizen, then how long is the process? I heard you get to work in 2 months of EAD coming in and the green card itself comes in a year? I'm from India so not sure if its granted differently per which country.My immediate concern is do I have to leave the country on September 15 just cuz my last day of payroll is September 15? This is a big corporation and most likely they will follow the rules of notifying the govt of my termination. Though they haven't brought up anything about paying for the ticket to my country. I'm not planning on asking them for that either.I don't want to jeopardize my future of coming back into this country whether by change of status to B2 or by when I marry with another H1B or Citizen. So how do I ensure that I'm in status?
I just got my citizenship and I married before the
I just got my citizenship and I married before the interview, I declared my married during my interview with the officer he put all his information in system, my actual husband has visa B1, B2, And we are planing to go my country Colombia to visit my family in December for the whole month now my question is if we apply now for his green card can we leave the country without problems and come back without problems since he has visa B1,B2 for until 2020 or we shall wait to apply for his green card until we can back in January 2017?
I am leaving in Bangladesh. I have B1/B2 US tourist visa. I
My name is ***** ***** I am leaving in Bangladesh. I have B1/B2 US tourist visa. I want to apply E1/E2 visa so that I will come in USA in next month. Therefore, I need to know what documents should I carry to USA for applying E1/E2 visa.JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: I am a citizen of Bangladesh. I don't have any pending application. I just preparing myself to apply for E2 visa.JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: I will happy to get the answerJA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: Not yet because currently I stay in Bangladesh.
I am looking for information regarding changing B1/B2 status
Hello I am looking for information regarding changing B1/B2 status to E3 or an extension of B1/B2 and B2 visas for purposes of finding a suitable positionJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: I'm here on B1/B2 my dependent daughter is here on B2JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: no not yet,JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: I am looking into what is the best course of action my B1/B2 visa 6 month stay ends on the 21st Sept
I have a TN visa and I am receiving an offer from Mexico
I have a TN visa and I am receiving an offer from Mexico employer, I am resigning to my current job in 2 weeks and I am looking for advise on the proper visa termination process to switch to B1.JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: I have a TN visa, and back in Mexico there is my B1 visa. no pending petitions or applications.JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: I have not.JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?Customer: like what?
I need Guillermo Senmarin please. Is he there?? Juana is an
I need Guillermo Senmarin please. Is he there??Juana is an alien who was helping police on a criminal case. She has worker auth since 2011. Unfortunately the criminal died and the next following week ICE takes Juana into custody. She was given a I220B and has to report monthly.Can this case be transferred to IC and there file for Cancellation of Removal? What are her venues to relief? Stay of deportation at ICE with Can of removal at IC? What gives?
I am in the USA on a B1/B2 visa from India. I have a 10
Hi, I am in the USA on a B1/B2 visa from India. I have a 10 years multiple entry visa. I would like to apply for F1 visa and pursue my studies here. Will my B1/B2 visa status lapse on application or receipt of F1 visa or will it continue to remain valid?