I've been a pain clinic and neurology patient for over five
Hello!I've been a pain clinic and neurology patient for over five years. The diagnoses are seizure disorder, chronic migraine, three herniated cervical disks, three herniated lumbar/sacral disks, (loss of upper and lower nerve and muscle with shuffling gait and frequent falls), stroke and MI in 2011 about the time of the first grand mal seizure. Medical treatment includes medication for the above mentioned diagnoses, cervical and lumbar sacral epidurals. Unfortunately four 10 mg Norco does not offer enough pain relief. I was also diagnosed with polymyositis and lupus which has caused neurotic tissue especially in the upper back, hips and thighs. This is also painful. I am on long term chemotherapy. The rheumatologist would like me to try medical marijuana for symptom relief, especially for pain. I would truly love to get rid (wean off) of the opioids if the marijuana works (many other symptoms would so be helped and I would be far less confused). My problem is that even though the rheumatologist will be authorizing the use of medical marijuana, the neurologist said that he will refuse to treat me in any way and will no longer accept me as a patient - and in the future will not allow me to return if the marijuana does not work (even though this word be a complete stop of opioids, not a double-up on two types of pain medication). I was a nurse for over twenty years and truly loved helping patients. Now when I need help, I've felt as though the physicians and staff at this office and another office I went to for a second opinion, have treated me as a drug seaker. It's bizarre. I never ask for anything they've not first suggested as my only option (the neck is too damage and considered inoperable and the lower back may not heal post-neurosurgery due to polymyositis and severe lupus. Can this neurologist refuse to treat? As a nurse, I'd be charged with abandonment in some cases. And considered a poor quality professional in all situations. Any suggestions???Destroyed RN...
I had a car accident. A semi truck veered into my lane of
I had a car accident. A semi truck veered into my lane of travel, hit me with his trailer wheels, caused a spin out. Car was totaled. I had no severe injuries.I owed 20k on the car, insurance wants to pay me 13k only. I had no GAP on the car. Can I file a lawsuit against the truck insurance to recover at least the 6k that I am now stuck with?
We were in a car accident and we called roadside assistance
We were in a car accident and we called roadside assistance to have our car towed. Without signing anything, our car got towed away. We did not know its location, contact or pricing. Our claim got stuck in process, we received an invoice from the body shop (it was backdated by 1 month+) with unfairly high rates and very vague details. We cannot afford the storage fees they are asking for and they are unwilling to negotiate, probably attempting to obtain the lien to auction our vehicle off.Per Civil Code 3068, is it true that all services rendered cannot exceed $1500?Per Civil Code 3070, can they not charge us any amount without notifying us in writing of pricing and obtaining our signature before rendering services/charging us?Can we get our vehicle released to us without paying anything due to lack of authorization or should we negotiate for the $1500 limit since it has been in storage for so long?
My dog bit my neighbor. They are asking for medical expenses
My dog bit my neighbor. They are asking for medical expenses and pain and suffering. They have supplied us with medical bills that medical insurance covered. She didn't fill her antibiotic that were prescribed on the day of the bite until 2 weeks later. She did get infected and returned to the doctor 5 days after the prescription was filled. She is asking for us to cover the complete bill although the insurance paid the bill. I believe I am only responsible for money out of pocket. Am I correct? My other question would be, am I responsible for visits after the initial visit considering she did not follow doctors orders resulting in infection?
Is it reasonably plausible that I can obtain a restraining
Is it reasonably plausible that I can obtain a restraining order and successfully sue for personal injury regarding the situation refereed to below?Background:Several months ago, my parent (living in the UK) attended my wedding in Illinois, United States. They had been clearly informed in writing and on the phone that the ceremony would be short and what kind of religious ceremony it would be. They agreed to attend, willingly and stated, in writing, that the ceremony had to suit my soon to be wife and I's needs (in preference to that of others, implied / in the context of, but not explicitly stated).The wedding ceremony occurred and the parent, 'acted out'. They claim that they became angry at the nature of the ceremony and stormed out later towards the end of the reception. Their rudeness and acting out started two days before hand, before the wedding rehearsal and has been observed and commented upon by the attendants also present at the rehearsal. The parent returned to the United Kingdom and wrote an email stating in detail how they were going to negatively effect my personal, professional and religious standing, unless they received an apology for a (ever growing) list of apparent offenses. The nature of this letter was very unpleasant, received on the first day of my honeymoon and traumatized me from that moment until now. My reply was simple, stating sympathy for the parents feelings and offering to discuss and resolve all concerns on all sides. The parents response in a growing exchange is vindictive and threatening. They have threatened to lobby and contact in public and private as many people who will listen to them to pressure me into meeting whatever demands the parent makes. I regard this as a credible threat given their background in trade union protests, pickets and political and religious activism.The parent has stated that they have discussed their complaint with lawyers, that they intend to prosecute for their apparent hurt and offense caused by the ceremony, has disowned me and demands the return of a family heirloom (given as an unconditional gift), has indicated that they have communicated with religious representatives in Illinois to picket the in-laws family home and take action against my wife and I. In the exchange, I have consistently advocated for peace, reconciliation and mediation. At least minimally for discussion. The parents replies have been to deny anything other then apology at threat of these negative actions.Given the written nature of the threats, which in my mind amount to libel or intent to libel, blackmail and or harassment, might I have some legal recourse to deal with the emotional harm, stem the tide of ill intent at least outside of the courtroom? Given the repeated and escalating extent of threats and the parents background in aggressive activism (leading to at more then one instance of employment dismissal and I believe arrest in the UK), I have reason to believe their intent to cause harm to my family and my wife's family.No legal action has been taken at this time to my knowledge. I am still working to resolve this but I want to make sure I am not caught unprepared should this continue to not go well.I am a resident of Illinois and a United States citizen.
My brother's and I retained a law firm to help us in a
My brother's and I retained a law firm to help us in a dispute against our half-sibling after she took items from our father's estate after he died, and before anyone else was informed of his death.Upon our initial meeting the attorney stated he was confident that he could recover the property and obtain damage and attorney's fees. Since that day it has been a nightmare. We have had to beg for communication, he did not include one of my brothers in any petitions to the court even after we stressed how important it was to project we were all together on this case. And still to this day has not added him after being asked several times. He twice included false information in petitions to the court, the worst of which he actually asked the court to remove his own client as executor of the estate! We have 3 court dates that we know of that we have not been informed of so were not able to attend. The last hearing our attorney's did not even attend. They had some excuse that they were not informed of the court date. At that point we lost executorship to a third party which is liquidating my dad's estate at pennies on the dollar and we still have not recovered the property that was taken. Also, he stated he was going to help us identify assets with some fancy computer program he pays all this money for, but that has never happened.We know we are in a worse position and have lost a lot of money due to this firms mistakes. Do we have a malpractice case? The probate case is on going and I do not want to start over with a new attorney, but I do not want this guy to make our position even worse. What course of action would you suggest at this point?
I was hired by an auto insurance company about a year ago to
I was hired by an auto insurance company about a year ago to conduct a medical examination (here in Utah, called a Rule 35 examination) upon an insured injured passenger now involved in litigation against the insured driver of the auto. I submitted my report about ten months ago and the auto carrier retained me to provide expert testimony - in fact, I was deposed this past July. I thought that the case would settle after the deposition. No such luck. Without any notice to me, without my knowledge, the Plaintiff's attorney submitted a plea to the court requesting an expansion of discovery - specifically demanding unrelated financial documents and information from my practice far exceeding the scope of my examination of the injured party. Without my knowledge or consent, without notice to me, the attorney for the auto insurance reportedly submitted a statement in opposition to the Plaintiff's attorney's request for financial information and documents. Without notice to me, without my knowledge or consent, the presiding judge reportedly held a hearing, reportedly read the opposing position statements, reportedly heard arguments from the Plaintiff's attorney and the attorney for the auto insurance carrier and then handed down a decision forcing me to submit extensive unrelated financial information covering two years of my practice. My concern here is that my legal right to due process has been violated - I was never given notice of the pleadings or opposing statements; I was never provided the opportunity to provide input to the auto insurance attorney response; I was never notified of the Plaintiff attorney pleading or my response to same; I was never given the opportunity to hire my own legal counsel to represent my interests; and I was never given notice that a hearing was even scheduled or held. I am outraged as what I see as judicial tyranny from a judge running roughshod over my legal rights forcing an unreasonable burden upon me - all this without ever receiving notice from any party, no notice from the Court, and no opportunity to hire counsel to represent my interests and position. Am I off base? Do I have any recourse?