I am a A2 holder, working in a foreign consulate and would
Hi, I am a A2 holder, working in a foreign consulate and would like to stay under a J1 (teacher). I have my A2 with a special passport (Service Passport not diplomatic). My guess is that I need to leave the US to do all paper work in a US Embassy outside the US with my regular civil passport. Can I start the procedure with my civil passport and still keep, during this period my service passport with the A2? Basically, would my J1 be validate only by coming back than in the US with my regular passport? CAn I cancel my A2 directly in a US emabassy? Many thanks for your help
My SEVIS record showed completed, because i graduated from a
my SEVIS record showed completed, because i graduated from a school. i transferred to the other university, but it is not successful. i already enrolled the university, so i really really don't know the process of transfer is unsuccessful. i keep study all the time! now i am not leave the u.s. So it is mean i am overstay? or just fall out of status. i will leave this Thursday. could i apply for a new visa in my country used the initial i-20? i have the transcript, enrollment verification (this semester), the class schedule of the next semester.
J. Senmartin, Esq. is a Mexican citizen and in 2002 she
FOR Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.Hello, Maria is a Mexican citizen and in 2002 she attempted to cross the Mexican border thru the hills. She was caught (along with others) and detained by Border Patrol. She was fingerprinted, & used a different name. In the past 6 years she has applied for a VISA/tourist in Juarez, Mexico, & has been denied. This last denial she asked 'WHY?' The official handed her a form that indicated a 212(a)(2)(C)(I) and with notes to refer to DHS TRIP. What does this mean?
I am about to mail in some additional information Adjustment
Hey,My name is***** and I am about to mail in some additional information for a Adjustment of Status/Permanent Residency for my wife. I already sent my initial application for my wife's Adjustment of Status after we were married in December. A month ago I received a letter in the mail from USCIS asking for basic additional information from me (i.e.): G-325A, 2 2x2 passport photos of myself, documentation showing that my marriage is "bona fide" (such as mutual health insurance, joint bills, photos together, etc.), and 3 paycheck stubs from the sponsor, which is me.I have a question about the paycheck stubs. Since sending the initial application and initial Affidavit of Financial Support in February my work status has changed somewhat.In the initial Affidavit I documented that I was working two PART-TIME jobs: 1) customer service, and 2) videography.At the end of February, I was given FULL-TIME status with my first job (customer service), and I am still working PART-TIME with the second job in videography.Here is my trouble...I do not have any current verifiable paystubs from my videography employer. He wires me money through "Cash Application" on my iPhone and he does not pay at regular intervals. He pays me after he has been paid by his clients for projects we have completed. All that to say, over the past 4 months I haven't been paid anything and will be paid for all of those 4 months in the form of one payment through Cash App, which really is not the most verifiable of sources.Anyway, with my first job I am FULL-TIME as of 5 months ago and I had my boss write me a new Employment Verification letter addressing my new salary and my FULL-TIME status.What I would like to do is just send in my 3 past paystubs from my first job and the Employment Letter and be done with it. That job alone is more than the needed 125% of Poverty Guideline chart for two people.But what I would like to know is if that is OK or if I need to draw up an entirely new Financial Affidavit of Support in addition to the 3 paystubs and Employment Letter. Or if I should do something else entirely.Thank you!
FN with USC wife was denied I-601A based on FBI record
FOR JAMES: FN with USC wife was denied I-601A based on FBI record noting assault conviction. I obtained ROP and judgment on conviction, which was for simple assault with no family violence, 6 month max sentence (he received a 90 day suspended sentence). So it appears this conviction should be subject to petty offense exception.But his records also contain a 1996 Class C misdemeanor conviction (he was over 18) with 90 day maximum sentence (he did no time).So if I now have 2 petty offenses to deal with -- Assuming neither is a CIMT -- under the new Reason to Believe guidelines , if FN files a second I-601A application, would it still be denied based on his having two crimes in his criminal history, or would I at least have a chance to explain them as petty offenses?Thanks! (and apologies for convoluted question)
I'm currently in US with A-2 visa, married to a US citizen 3
I'm currently in US with A-2 visa, married to a US citizen for over 3 years. I renewed my A-2 visa upon receiving my new passport after the old passport expired. My last entry to US was made with my old passport and old A-2 visa. Which passport/visa number should I use when filling out the forms for green card? Old passport/visa which I use to retrieve my I-94 or the new passport/visa?
The Facts: -I am a U.S. Citizen (born in U.S.) -My husband
The Facts:-I am a U.S. Citizen (born in U.S.)-My husband is an illegal alien.-My husband entered without inspection in 2002. He was apprehended at the border and removed under 212(a)(6)(A)(i).-My husband entered without inspection again in 2003. He was apprehended at the border and removed under 241(a)(5).-My husband entered without inspection again in 2008, successfully. He has had continuous presence in the U.S. since 2008.-My husband has been convicted of one minor offense (driving without license).-I am confident that we would be able to establish hardship to me in the event of his removal.The Questions:A. Is there any reason that my husband would NOT be eligible to apply for Cancellation of Removal (Form OMB#1125-0001) in 2018?B. If he is eligible to apply for Cancellation of Removal, would any other forms need to be filed in order to establish a legal presence in the U.S? (I-130? I-212? I-601?)
We submitted the I-751 husband but just received
Hi, We submitted the I-751 for my husband but just received a RFE for more evidence. it said "Good Faith of Marriage", the letter said you have not established that the marriage upon which you were granted conditional status was entered into good faith. You provided some evidence f Martial bona fides, however the documentation you submitted is insufficient because for example the bank statement you submitted do not cover the entire period of marriage.So that means I should submit everything since 2013, that we got married including what we have until now. But I was wondering that some of the bank account we have since 2013 is already closed and change to another one. So I should submit the closed account statements along with the new one I have, is that correct? And as of that time when we got married we lived in a house of a friend that we don't have any lease agreement together. So probably the only thing we had together were the bank statements and the vehicle insurances and pictures. The tax return for 2013 we filed as married but file separate as he were still under A-2 visa and did not have to file for tax return. What do you think? I am very worried.
Counselor at Law
I am in US and my H1B started last year in Oct.1 through lottery.
I am in US and my H1B started last year in Oct.1 through lottery.1. I worked for company A which the employment terminated at Mar. 31 and last paystub is Mar. 31.2. I had company B initiated H1B transfer on Mar.28 and has receipt. This is normal processing.3. Meanwhile, I got a another job offer from company C and company C will file H1B transfer in premium processing in a day or two.Qustions:1. I assume tansfer by B and C is independent, and I may be in so called bridge condition. If my I-94 is still valid, is there any problemfor transfer by C to be approved? My objectivie is to work for company C?2. Can transfer by C possibly be approved by extention of status since it is still within a month? Or has to be approved by consular notification?2. What about transfer by B? Since it will take months by normal processing? Can I ask B to withdraw the petition whenever transfer by C is approved?