1. My friend have H1, can he apply for a B1 visa also. 2.
For Judith--------------1. My friend have H1, can he apply for a B1 visa also.2. Does B1 visa must be filed by the same H1 holder company, or must be some other company.3. Can he has both H1 and B1 together stamped on his VISA.
I have my approved i-797 for H1B and attended my visa
hiJA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?Customer: I have my approved i-797 for H1B and attended my visa interview on 9th Feb, mumbai consulate mine is a clear case and visa officer still issued a 221g white slipJA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?Customer: nope I dont my current status is H1BJA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?Customer: not yetJA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: My wife is a citizen and we got married on 1st of feb 2017
Judith, I am on H1 and hearing bad news everywhere about
For Judith----------------Hi Judith,I am on H1 and hearing bad news everywhere about H1's existence in USA. Please could you help me identify some questions and make me aware of good/bad news. What I am in projection of is1. H4 EADs will be removed.2. People who are already on H1 will be deported if they commmit certain type of crime, including domestic violance.3. Every H1 application will be escalated and every H1 VISA stamping mostly result in 221G.4. Green card will be also get prosecuted.Please could you clarify on all these and add more if I am missing something,Also how long will it take to implement all these
My friend who is in India had a VISA on his passport via
For Judith-----------------My friend who is in India had a VISA on his passport via employer-A which he left and joined employer-B in USA. He is in India on vacation and lost the passport.1. He applied a new passport in India, now does he need to go for stamping again on new passport for Employer-B?2. What if he gets 221g in India when he go for stamping. Will he be stuck in India until the 221g is cleared?3. What if he gets stuck in India on 221g, will his job be safe in USA? Can he claim his job back if the USA company terminates him because he is not available for the job in USA?
My friend has a H1B stamped until 2018 March via employer-A
For Judith-----------------------My friend has a H1B stamped until 2018 March via employer-A which he left and joined Employer-B in April-2016. Now he is going to India for vacation for 1 month. He has 2 options.1. He goes to stamping for H1B via Employer-B's approved petition to get the H1 stamped until April 2019( Until the expiry of 797)2. He doesnt go for stamping via Employer-A's approved 797 and enters to USA with below 2 of thema. H1 stamped by employer-A(Which is still unexpired)b. Approved 797 for the Employer-BPlease suggest your opinion and reason of your suggested options out of above 2 as well as any other option you think might be safer than the above 2.he has doubt that what if in the 1st case he gets 221g when he go for stamping, Can he still enter to USA back on the Visa Issued on Employer-A and Approved H1 petition of employer-B
Wife's i 130 returned to uscis after interview in
Wife's i 130 returned to uscis after interview in beirut.221g. File has been in extended review for more than 6 months in texas.i need a closure from them.denial or acceptance. It doesnt matter anymore.how can i get an answer from uscis who previously approved my case before the interview.i first filed in 2014 and us embassy asked me to file again.and now the second file is on hold.any advice
I was an international student who overstayed in the US for
I was an international student who overstayed in the US for about 15 months under the cover of D/S. I left the US two years ago with record of out-of-the-status but no unlawful presence. After I came back to my country, I worked for a company for 10 months, and then started my own business. Now I'm running my company for over a year.I plan to apply for a B2 visa traveling with my parents to the US. They've been to the US for three times without any record of overstaying or rule violation.I'm wondering:1. What the chances are for me to get a B2 visa? (My father is the prime applicant (professor), my mother and I companies. They both are old folks. They don't speak English very well. I will be taking care of them on the travel, and be their interpreter as well.)2. What kind of documents I need to prepare/bring with me for the interview?3. Anything I can say to the visa officer to improve my chances of approval?Guidance for the document preparation (maybe some explanations) would be very appreciated. Thank you all for your time and effort.Here is what my story of overstaying is all about:1. I graduated with a doctoral degree in Electrical Engineering in May 2012, and started my OPT from July 7th, 2012.2. In my OPT, I co-founded a startup company with my friend, building a new kind of social media app (We began with some ideas but we finally ended up on the social media one around Jan 2013).3. My OPT ended on July 2nd, 2013. My major allowed me to apply for another 17 months as OPT STEM Extension. I prepared all the paperwork of this application a month before the deadline, but forgot to submit it timely since the high pressure from our work caused me sleep deprived and memory problems. I was under impression that I've already submitted the application. Back then my partners and I were working day and night on the app because there were a couple of investors showing their interests in it, waiting for a demo to come out.4. I submitted the application for extension on July 9th, 2013 after consulting the administrator of the university's international student service (I was not aware of the late submission until July 3th 2013 I thumbed through my personal documents. I ran to see her but she was on a vacation so I had to wait until she came back July 8th, 2013. She told me to submit the documents ASAP, so I sent it out on the same day with overnight shipping).5. On Aug 29th 2013, I got the decision from the USCIS, saying that my application was rejected because of the late submission. I had no idea of overstaying or unlawful presence at that point. All I wanted was to stay a little longer to finish the app so that all our effort wouldn't be in vain. I went out trying to find a lawyer to fix the case.6. At last I ended up with a lawyer with high reputation on avvo.com to file a motion to reopen the case. The motion was filed timely, and the USCIS accepted it. Still I had no idea of the consequence of overstaying at that point, and the lawyer did not remind me of that either. Then a long time waiting for a final decision, which I was not aware of, started.6. On Sep 9th 2014, I got the final decision from the USCIS, saying that the application was denied, and I had to leave the US before the start of removal proceedings.7. On Dec 5th 2014, I left the US and came back to my country. (I'm not sure if the three months period would be against me. But I had to get rid of all my stuff, ended everything including unwillingly broke up with my ex.)8. I felt no compelling to apply for a US visa until my parents decided to pay a visit to the US to reunite with old friends, who invited them twice. I'm thinking to escort them to make sure they will be OK on the travel cause they are about to hit their seventies.Thank you again for reading this.I've made a reservation for visa interview scheduled on this weekend, seeking advises from outstanding immigration lawyers.
Counselor at Law