Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

How do I get me AGI for last years tax return? I was filing

Customer Question

How do I get me AGI for last years tax return?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I was filing my return, got to the end, and to verify my identity......they asked me for the AGI I used in last years return. I can't find my papers....so how do I get that info?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, my understanding is Ny sorry.... My understanding is everybody has to provide that info to file this year.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 days ago.

The only other option is to file a paper return. You don't need the 2015 AGI if you file a paper return.

However, you can find your 2015 AGI by obtaining your 2015 Account Transcript online here:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit from the site for assisting you today.

Thanks very much,