Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

How does this work? I am willing to pay for the professional

Customer Question

How does this work? I am willing to pay for the professional advice
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I had completed my taxes already this year and then received a 1099R for 17000 I had taken out of an SEP from when I was self employed. I have to file an amendment for this; however, in doing the numbers even if I deduct 9000 that I used to pay federal taxes from the previous year. (Stupid I know) and the other 8,000 for medical expenses.
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: The income amount pushes me into a 28% tax bracket and raised all of my taxes substantially. I was 58 when I did this. My husband was 61. I was stupid. I did pay over 10,000 into my own retirement account through work but not all within 60 days. I may be able to take more deductions; but I don't know. I am sick about this.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Brian Michels replied 10 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be the Expert assisting you today. I look forward to helping you with your issue today. If you filed your taxes already you will be required to file an amended tax return. Since, there is a balance due you will be required to pay any additional tax due by tomorrow (April 18th) to avoid late payment penalties and interest. Did you have a professional prepare your tax return? Do you have the options and capabilities to prepare an amended tax return? I can provide this service if needed.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I did my taxes through Turbo Tax. I can file the amendment. I am looking for assistance if there is anything I can do because this has me going from getting an over 2000 refund to paying 4700 in Federal Taxes and much more state taxes in the two states I lived in this year. I don't need help filing. I need help with advice for what to do because I cant pay if I file the amendment right now.

I see that you requested a phone call. Did you want to set up a phone call to discuss?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hey I fixed my payment information. Can you call me at(###) ###-####

Can you request the phone call again through Justanswer. I will click accept upon receipt.