Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert
Some issues we need to clarify..
1. Are you above your FRA - full retirement age ?
2. if you have any earned income - from wages or self-employment? If yes - there might be a limit how much you may earn.
3. What is your other taxable income? earned and unearned? - rental, pension, etc?
I will verify and explain all possible options.
At age 66 - you are at your FRA - so - your social security benefits will NOT be affected by your earning.
However a part of your social security benefits will be taxable and added to your other taxable income.I will verify the taxable amount - but would need to know
- total amount of your social security benefits and
- total amount of your other taxable income