How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I own a rental property in MI & I lived in TX the entire

Customer Question

If I own a rental property in MI & I lived in TX the entire year of 2016 do I need to report my rental income on my state income tax return?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: What more do you need to know?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 9 days ago.

Hi. Great Question. The rental property would be reported on both state returns. Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.