Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

Are my w-2 wages based on wages earned during 1/1/2016

Customer Question

are my w-2 wages based on wages earned during 1/1/2016 through 12/31/2016 or are the wages based on wages paid. My last weeks wages will be paid in 2017 and I am told the last week of 2016 wages will be paid in 2017 and will not be on my 2016 W-2 wages. Need to know what is correct.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No, confused at 1 week of 2016 earned wages will not be shown on my 2016 W-2 but 2016 last week wages are to be added to 2017 W-2 because last week wages are to be paid in 2017.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Your W-2 would be based on the wages that are paid. So any paychecks that you receive in 2017 would not be included on your 2016 W-2.

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.