Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

In Sept. I began the process of building an internet

Customer Question

In Sept. I began the process of building an internet business with the New Era Business Network however it is not complete and I am cancelling. An EIN
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Number but since the business will not be used will I have to send in a tax return. My EIN number is ***** the name for the business was to be Winchell Worldwide LLC
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Number on notice is CP575 Gname control for EIN is WINC. I am cancelling all business and will not continue witth an internet businessl
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Did you have any costs associated with the business?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid a total of $5,545.00 for training services etc.

Do you plan on doing anything with the business in the future?

If you are a single member LLC and did not make an election to be treated as a corporation you would want to report these amounts on a Schedule C. You are able to expense up to $5,000 of organization costs. The remainder would be amortized over 15 years. However, if you close the LLC you would expense the entire amount.