Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

What If somebody did not work in 2016, how can she elegible

Customer Question

What If somebody did not work in 2016 , how can she elegible to get Obamacare? The only income was 2k but this person will be working this year, projected income is 12k. Please advice
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Hi.

...

If there is only person in your household, you may be JUST above the level when you would qualify for advance premium tax credit for Obamacare, $11,880

...

Below that, you'd have to rely on Medicaid.

...

The subsidy (advance premium tax credit) slowly lowers as income goes from 100% of federal poverty level ($11,880) until it completely disappears at 140% of federal poverty level ($24,300)

...

Your eligibility for a credit (subsudy) is based on what you project your income to be for the upcoming tax year.

...

You can do this on line here: https://www.healthcare.gov/

...

OR by calling the marketplace, at 1-***-***-****.

...

They can take the full application, advise on income levels, etc. over the phone.

Expert:  Lane replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me

But if this has helped, and you don’t have other questions, I would appreciate a positive rating (using those stars on your screen – and clicking submit)

That’s the only way JustAnswer will compensate me for the work here.

Thanks,

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.