Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I want to put $50,000 into an ETrade account from my

Customer Question

I want to put $50,000 into an ETrade account from my business. I want to keep this money in that account as a backup for a rainy day fund if I needed cash in a hurry instead of going to a line of credit with a bank. My question would be is this ok, is there a certain type of fund/stock I should only be investing into and what would I need to do tax wise if I sell some of that stock to put back into my company ( LLC ).
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 24 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You most certainly can open a brokerage account for your business. There is no restriction regarding the type of fund/stock in which you can invest.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/establish-brokerage-account-business-20033.html

Any money you earn from investments sold within the account can be subject to capital gains tax.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 24 days ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Thank you.

Barb