Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Can I access my already filed tax forms online?

Customer Question

Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 7 days ago.

...

You can access something called a "tax transcript" which has all of the information from the return.

...

To get an actual copy of a filed and processed tax return, it will cost $57 for each tax year. Complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, and mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. Please allow 60 days for delivery.

...

But you can go here, for free: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

Depending on what information you need, you may have to get a couple of different types of transcripts

...

A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return you originally filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules you filed.

...

A tax account transcript shows any changes either you or the IRS made to your tax return after you filed it

...

A wage and income transcript shows all income reported to IRS by others (1099's W-2, K-1's etc)

Expert:  Lane replied 7 days ago.

Click here -> FORM 4506 for the form to order full copies.

...

Please Let me know if you have ANY questions, before rating me.

But if this HAS helped, and you don’t have more questions on this, … I would appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I won’t be compensated for the work here.

Thank you!

Lane

I have a Law degree with concentration in Tax , Estate & Corporate Law, … an MBA, with specialization in finance … a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.