Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

When did I start to get SS, when I strted it iwas in Ca. Now

Customer Question

when did I start to get SS
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: when I strted it iwas in Ca. Now ion Ne.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no , I know that I strted to get it at age 62 I would like to know the month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thsat's all
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 12 days ago.

I have a Law degree with concentration in Tax , Estate & Corporate Law, … an MBA, with specialization in finance … a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Please bear with me a moment while I prepare your response

Expert:  Lane replied 12 days ago.

Just to be sure you understand, you are not speakoing directly with Social Security. This is JustAnswer.com. A site that puts users wit questions aboutr Social Security, tax, & finance law together with users like yourself with questions.

...

There are three ways you can do this.

...

You can get your personal Social Security Statement online by using your my Social Security account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can easily create one. Your online Statement gives you secure and convenient access to your earnings records.

...

You can also call the main Social Security number. By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.

...

You can also get this by going into a local Social Security Office. Here's web site that lets you enter your zip code to find nearby offices. https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

Expert:  Lane replied 12 days ago.

Again, here's the site where you can go to set up your "MySocialSecurity" account, That's likely the easiest way to do what you're trying to do AND do other things as well

...

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

...

Lane